Nozzle temperature malfunction.[0300 8008]

Any one had this and know the precise reason? That code doesnt appear in the wiki.

I replaced the hotend (not the thermistor or heater), and it then ran fine for about 6-7 hours before the same fault appeared. When I did a retry the temperature went up to about 280C (it was PLA/Support and set to 220/240), before the error message again. Leave it a few hours and it restarts before some time later getting the same error.

After watching it for about an hour, i spotted what happens. It switches from one filament to another and the PC app shows ā€œPurge old filamentā€. However the temperature is dropping way beyond the melt point. And then at about 160C the error occurs.

(I have bugged this to support but that might take a whileā€¦)

3 Likes

seems like you got a bad connector or a false reading info
try to check your connectors if they are seated properly , as that points to a temperature read error

I rechecked them and they seem fine. What is odd, is this error only occurs when changing filament (PLA and Support W), and is a random time between fails - i.e. it runs for several hours and then fails, a retry then works ok until the next oneā€¦

Have / had the same issue. Randomly during multicolor prints it showed the error. To ā€œfixā€ it I canceled the print, unloaded the filament and power cycled the printer. I ran the diagnosis, and it didnā€™t show anything. The error hasnā€™t come back yet but itā€™s only been a few hours.

I have the same problem only after 1hr printing from what it looks like during a filament change, I cannot get 1 print done and the error stays unless I have the machine off for a period of time.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Iā€™m printing with ASA through the 0.8mm nozzle. I got about an hour or more into a print and it threw up this error. I can resume the print but after a couple of minutes it does it again. I checked connections again because I had swapped out the 0.4mm to the 0.8mm nozzle and they all seemed pretty secure. I speculated that the chamber temperature might be high enough that itā€™s inhibiting the hotend cooling but I might be way side of the mark with that.
After canceling the print, checking connections etc and starting all over again it seemed to fail at exactly the same point on the print again. After resuming the print I monitored it and I noticed what looked like a very gradual temperature drift on the hotend. Nozzle temperature gradually dropped from 270C to 256C over about 2-3 minutes and it coded out again.
That seems more like a degraded hotend thermistor or a bad connection that degrades with heat. With ASA - particularly large ASA prints like the one Iā€™m trying to do, the chamber temperature should be quite warm to prevent warping. Regardless, I opened the door on the printer and resumed the print to see if that made any difference. That dropped to 252C and threw up the same error code.
I canā€™t tell if the thermistor is faulty or if the heater cartridge is actually loosing temperature. Would certainly be interested to find out what BambuLabs have to say about it.

UPDATE:
I did a little digging around and I found this thread:

Different printer but the same symptoms. ā€œEldrickā€ suggests the part fan might be causing the issue in that instance so I decided to resume my print and adjust the part fan speed on the fly to see if I could stabilise the hotend temperature. Having reduced the speed from 80% to 30% my hotend temperature has stabilised at 270C +/- 1C and itā€™s been printing again so far without issue.
Now Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s a software / firmware issue at the root of this. If for some reason the hotend canā€™t maintain temperature, the part cooling fan should back off - or at least have an option to automatically back off or speed up as it might do in the event of a thermal runaway right?
Iā€™d also be curious to find out why it seems to take over an hour for this issue to present itself.

I donā€™t think backing off the part cooling fan should be considered a permanent solution but for now Iā€™m hoping it will allow me to complete this print. I hope this suggestion helps you guys out for now but please update me here when BambuLabs respond.

2 Likes

I know itā€™s a little late to respond to this, but did you put silicone sock back on the hot end? I am having the same error code with similar results, but just recently the silicone sock got ripped, so I am running no sock. Iā€™m wondering if this is what prevented the temperature drop before this issue started happening.

I did just order a new silicone sock so I will report back whether this fixed the issue for me or not.

Got the same error while doing 8th hour of multicolor PLA printing. Noticed by weird smell and fan stopping. Checked - nothing obvious and no melted isolation. Thinking that smell was due to nozzle temp getting too high and melting some filament. Pressed resume after 5 mins and itā€™s running fine already for 1.5h and still 2 hours left. Is there any way to check the logs what was before that? Should I inspect hot end again?

I am getting this same error trying to print out one of the DIY panels for the P1P. This has happened twice two hours into the print. After the first time, I cleaned the nozzle. It did not seemed to be clogged at all. I do not have a silicone boot on the end of the nozzle, but I donā€™t recall it coming with one. So frustrating because this seems like a software, not a hardware problem.

Just got this error myself on my X1C, interrupting a print about 30% of the way through. As soon as it popped up, I noticed that the nozzle temp being reported by Bambu Studio was declining rapidlyā€¦ All the way down to 0 degrees C. I power cycled the machine, and the nozzle temp now shows 41C.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? My P1P was working fine until this week when i received an error message as above etc. I managed to do a 6 hr print a couple of days ago without the error, but now randomly the error pops back up, the nozzle goes cold and the print stops. I can ā€˜unpauseā€™ it again, but it stops again a random short time later. Frustrating and costing me money. It is now impossible to print.

Thanks for any input!

I am spitballing here - check the USB connections https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/x1/troubleshooting/usbc-cable-connection-issue.

Another user has the same problem.

Thank you very much for the reply! I will check the connections.

It seems odd how inconsistent it is. After many retries yesterday it eventually worked for 6 hours to complete a print. I must have restarted it over 10 times before it eventually worked - it took hours. I know I will go through this again the next print.

Thanks again!

Rich.

Not saying itā€™s disconnected, just loose, partial or intermittent connection. That is what the symptoms resemble.

When you open up the print head, check all the other connections to the board while you are there.

Iā€™m starting to think a lot of these issues (not all) might be from the power source the printers are plugged into

A good, clean, direct power source is critical especially with the print resume command baked into the firmware as it takes a very small pause to remember a move on each layer in case the power goes out

Technically we are supposed to resume the print when the power comes back on but it never works and can actually cause artifacts on other printers

Iā€™m not sure how BL is using the resume code or at which point in the print but the fact that these printers use that command in the firmware is unsettling to me at the very least

There is a command we can add to the start Gcode to remove the print resume function but until I know how BL is using this function Iā€™m leary about adding it to my start command in the Gcode

The command which I use on my other printers is M413 S0

I might throw it into a custom profile and see what it does today, at the very least it will use less processor memory and possibly less SD card memory, at best it will give smoother more accurate prints with the memory pause removed

At the very worst it could conflict with the printers firmware and cause issues that didnā€™t exist previously

I wonder whether you are correct.

I had a few days of successful printing and then all of a sudden today it wonā€™t print for longer than a few minutes without the nozzle going cold and pausing. It is impossible to use this thing. Are Bambu labs even looking at this? This thing is junk.

1 Like

Iā€™m having similar issues.

Posted in Nozzle Temperature Incorrect (Over/Under Temp)

I had the error ā€œnozzle temp 0300 8008ā€¦ā€
What i found to solve it: https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/x1/troubleshooting/hmscode/0300_0200_0001_0001

Iā€™m having this problem. In my case, I think the issue is fan speed and ambient air temperature. It sort of seems like the system, for one reason or another, cannot keep the nozzle hot enough. This has only happened to me with PETG where the default temp was 255. I ā€œfixedā€ it by lowering it to 248 and decreasing the fan speed from 100% to 30% and it seemed to stabilize. Itā€™s totally possible the issue is something else entirely, but for me lowing fan speed and temp a bit did the trick.