Odd Vibration/Resonance from Print Head

So my P1P seems to make an odd vibration sound and I wanted to get anyones take on if its normal or not because to me of all the videos I’ve watched I dont really hear it or see anyone mention it. I’ve linked a simple video of me moving the head without the fans running so you can hear it easier, sounds like something is resonating or vibration through the print head. Doesnt seem like theres print quality issue but I’d like to figure it out incase theres a chance it could get worse.

Here another video of me actually printing with it, I believe perhaps its a bearing where the rod means the Y pulley or something. You can hear how loud it gets with faster movements.

Here i am tapping on the rod with the printer off on the area I think is causing the problem

Thoughts?

Same thing is going on with my new P1S

1 Like

I have heard a noise like this on my X1C but not NEARLY as bad. The rods are essentially permanently installed in the ends, but it seems maybe yours are not machined correctly. There was a demonstrated case of a poorly finished rod on an older printer - they never did the finishing pass on theirs so the rod was rough. If I look closely I can see a very slight repeating spiral scribe on mine.

Try with some conservative aggression seeing if that rod is sliding in and out of the end caps or if there is play within the hole it slots into. That would be my first guess.

As an option, install washers on the model’s blower fan mount. I had same issue (it worked for me)… There was a similar topic on the forum.

I think I saw that topic, someone mentions using small rubber o rings or something. I actually pulled the cover off and moved the head manually and still heard the vibration noise so I figured this wasn’t my issue. I’ll give it a try though. Bambu Lab just suggested clean and belt tightening (as I think thats pretty much the automated response at this point) but i’m gonna give it all another go and see if anything changes at all. To me though it kinda sounds like its coming from the bracket the rods are inserted into on the Y gantry. If you see my “Tap” video above thats where I assumed the sound was coming from. Curious is anyone elses sounds like that when they tap on the rod like that.

fixed it or found a solution?

1 Like

Have the same issue. Sound like some kind of scratching on the Y rod.