P1P Cable Chain (Solved)

When I ordered the X1/P1P Cable Chain, it was listed on the Bambu Store as compatible with both the P1P and the X1. I want to put a cable chain on the P1P as I have a ClearviewPlastic enclosure and don’t want the PTFE tube scratching the top of the enclosure. I was told via email from Bambu shortly after ordered the chain that there was an issue and that a replacement part would be sent free of charge to make the chain work with the P1P. I received a tool head cable, not what I was expecting. What I was expecting was a piece that would angle the PTFE tube. When received the chain kit I knew something was wrong and that there was no way the chain kit would work with the P1P. Has anyone else purchased the cable and attempted to install. I noticed on the store site NOW, the chain is no longer listed as compatible with both printers, just the X1… I’d really like to get this to work. Anyone have any ideas?

Amazing piece of work here

Well done!

3 Likes

I am 100% in the same boat as you… WTF bamblabs, say its compatiable and then its not and send a cable that does what ? Why?

I installed it on both of my P1Ps.

I didn’t replace that cable yet (received it a few days ago), but I think the only difference is the grommet at the end of the cable. I’m assuming that will (help?) eliminate stress on the cable where it exits the tool head and feeds into the chain.

You didn’t read the mail they sent that explained why?

That email has no details at all.

You love bambu labs so much you need to defend them.

Save your useless comments.

Here’s what the email said:

“We are sorry to inform you that the Cable Chain Assembly you ordered was originally designed for X1 Series and it may have a potential risk of damaging the current toolhead cable of P1P 3D printer (cable chain will produce a greater angle of bending and twisting). We would highly recommend you use the cable chain with our new P1P toolhead cable, which will be delivered to you in 2-3 weeks at our cost. The new P1P toolhead cable has a better capability with the cable chain.”

I’m not here to defend anyone, but I am happy Bambu Lab is staying on top of potential issues as they arise.

2 Likes

Yes it had details :rofl:

Is the current P1P toolhead cable listed on the website the new version?

You have to ask Bambu Lab. Very hard to see a difference.

2 Likes

Yes, that is the version (this one) they sent me after I received the above email. New P1Ps might already be shipping with that new cable too.

Yes it have!!!
I had to cut it away to use the cable chain.

1 Like

Also, the new cable chain clip in piece covers the light if you’ve installed it. I had to move the light to the front of the frame.

I just slipped the rubber grommet all the way up to the other end so I could install the chain.

I got my p1p a few days ago, the chain on the website states it’s only for x1.
Is there a chain for p1p I can use?

Yep, it’s the same chain. See more details here before attempting to install it.

Thanks

The wiki is not accessible, it requires credentials to access that specific article

In your post you only mention for printers shipped before march 23. If yhe printer was shipped in april can i use the chain without replacing anything?

I just want to make sure

1 Like

The wiki article makes it seem like P1Ps shipped after February 2023 contain the new toolhead cable. I cannot confirm if that’s true – only can confirm that’s what the current wiki articles states.

Here’s a screenshot of the wiki article:

Does anyone has made a photo of both toolhead cables and can share it to see the difference.

I have self-printed cable chain at the moment and moved the rubber to the cable end on my P1P (bought in Feb 2023). But I want to switch to the X1C cable chain too.

Do you have a pick of the new position bud? I’m working on where to put my light now.

I moved mine to the front. It gets it out of the way of the cable chain piece and also keeps it from blinding me when I look at the printer.

1 Like