P1P Extension Board Testing starts now!

Hey P1P Owners. Do you remember back around the launch of the P1P there were images showing a weird control board external from the printer? Guess what. That is called our P1P Extension Board. We are recruiting technically skilled users who want to help us test this board. You can learn a bit more and sign up on this Google form link.https://forms.gle/pLa9n9QNJTnGFeVQA

3 Likes

I filled out the google form. Hopefully a BS degree in Electrical Engineering and Masters in Computer Science is technical enough.

3 Likes

How is this board going to work exactly? What would be some example use cases beside DSLR timelapses as that should be done with the included camera? This would have to expose/ open the firmware to the community. Thanks

1 Like

It’s time for chamber heaters🥳

2 Likes

I guess that I should have added that kind of info. I didn’t see a place to add my qualifications.

3 Likes

Form has been submitted, I too have a mechanical background, filming background, and have done various ground up builds. Looking forward to the opportunity to test this add-on.

They have done it. The have really done it!
A drone controller for the P1P. :joy:

Given their DJI background, next we will get an rotory upgrade kit with 4 powerfull motors and then we will have a flying 3d printer. Another worlds first! Might be released next year early april :crazy_face:

3 Likes

:eyes:mannnn i wish that board would be in my hands rn. I hope i get one​:persevere:

1 Like

Okay, I have mine in hand, just need some info. An STL for a case would be a great start, really looking forward to it. I even have a spare Canon DSLR that I no longer use for anything else, as it has been replaced with a new model. It may be perfect for this!

@gmiles119 were you informed that you were selected before receiving it? I filled out the form and haven’t heard anything.

Yes I was. They also said documentation would be in another email, which I have not received yet.

Same here, i filled out the form which was send via Email. Then got the info that the documentation will be in another Mail. And thats it… Still waiting for more news.

1 Like

There’s some documentation in the wiki that’s accessible now (including pinouts and pinout specs), if you still haven’t received the email.

I received my board and an email with links to the documentation and to the new category on the forum. The forum link tells me that that category is not available to me.

I would love to be a tester. If Bambu decides to re-open the sign up. Please let me know!

2 Likes

Maybe the X1CXL will have it along with a 500x500x500 build volume.

2 Likes

@SirWill
Will, do you know if the expansion board forum has been created? The link in the email set out to those of us receiving boards does not work.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Received my expantionboard today. Looking forward to explore the possibilities!

same here haven’t heard from Bambulabs yet, how about you ?