P1P with temperature controlled housing (finished)

Hello everyone, I have finished.

My P1P with ARC housing is now temperature controlled :wink:

Because it is hardly to hope that we will get on the part of Bambu in the near future an upgrade to the chamber temperature control, I have now implemented it myself.

My chamber temperature is now permanently displayed and I can set a temperature at which, now installed chamber fan starts to blow the warm air out the back to keep the temperarur on the set value.

The installed Noctua fan is not to hear with 19db.

Unfortunately, the P1P lacks the entire ventilation channel for the chamber fan, so is self-printing announced.

The power supply runs via the P1P power supply, where a 24V connection is still unoccupied.

The voltage for the 12V Novtua (Noctua NF-A9x14) is regulated down via DC-DC step down module (Innovateking-EU LM2596S DC-DC Buck Converter Step Down Module).

The temperature controller (ARCELI 12 V 20A W3230 LCD Digital Thermostat Temperature Controller) is mounted on top of the printer and gives me at the same time permanently the antuelle chamber temperature.

I know that one or the other cable has not the right colors and also the pressure of the ventilation channel has not become perfect, but hey it disappears in the housing and no one sees it :wink:

I finished the whole thing today and I will see how the whole thing proves itself in everyday printing.

I am open for constructive criticism.

Btw, yes I know my Plexyglass discs are not beautiful :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looks great from here, nice work!

hello, very nice job.
I just wanted to do the same thing and I would be interested to have your STL file for the fan support, which you created, if it is possible to share it.

thank you

Should I send you the Fusion360 file, then you can customize the box to your needs.

2 Likes

i can get 5 or 6 mm plexiglas from work. Does it suit for this construction as well?

Hello
yes, that would be very kind.
i have not merged 360 but I will get out of trouble.
but if you file in other format I am interested too
thanks

wow really great job dude, got anyone the p1p camera problem solved ? it looks like there will be no camera for the p1p and i dont like my raspberry pi zero solution. im trying now with a spy wifi cam but im afraid to use the usb power from the p1p.

Hi Jim-Knopf, I also agree that you did a nice job !
As you offered your Fusion 360 files to samm3D, since I have Fusion 360 if it’s possible, I would be interested of having those, to help me with my own futur design.
Thanks.

1 Like

I will gladly send you the 360 file. The more people work on designing a good fan box for the P1P, the better it is for everyone.

The files will be available for 7 days from now.

Chamber fan box → Download - TransferNow
Display bracket → Download - TransferNow

They are not perfect, but I think they are a good basis for development.

That’s why I didn’t put them in Printables.

Would you be able to add new links? The ones provided are expired.

1 Like

Nice work. My enclosure is WIP atm. But as soon as it is finished I want to install a temperature controlled fan, too.

However, I wanted to install it simply to the outside to the rear window. Inside the case it is more elegant, I just don’t know if I dare to cut a hole in the case now.

I’m currently doing this, i’m just modelling up the fan controller housing now and should have it on printables pretty soon, it leverages the arc enclosure for the mounts of the fan, and another model from another author to connect a hepa filter and carbon filter with 2 fans, controller and led controls.

As mentioned though its currently WIP and i’m aware it doesnt hit fully your criteria but could easily be adapted (i am monitoring my p1p enclosure with a Home Assistant linked thermometer and intend to automate the fan control in the future).

Yes, that would be the easiest way, but you have to remember that warm air rises and gets trapped in the upper area of the printer, so the original fan is mounted low down and exhausts the air from that area through a shaft when a certain temperature is reached in that area. Now, if you put a fan on the top of the back wall, the warm air can flow out of there unimpeded and the heating bed has a much harder time bringing the mounting area up to temperature because the warm air just goes out the top.

So I took the complicated route like bambu and mounted the fan as far down as possible, where the temperature is coldest, and let the air be exhausted through a shaft from the top area only.

As for the hole in the back panel, it’s just a 0.7mm sheet of metal, which you can cut with any hole saw or tin snips. But that’s something everyone has to decide for themselves.

I have my previous Entwurft now times uploaded to Printables, he is not perfect but sufficient for me. About any further development I am grateful and it can help others to implement this. Maybe we have yes luck and there is somwan a retrofit kit from Bambu for the P1P

https://www.printables.com/de/model/407063-p1p-chamber-fan-shaft-chamber-temerature-control

1 Like

totally agree with the comments, but as a zero impact method this may work, i’ve been monitoring the interneal temps on pla without the fans going and its kicking around 37 and stable there, quality still seems good.

On your comments though i’ll move the thermometer to the bottom :slight_smile:

And probably start looking at an internal adapter to bring the same vent stack up to the fan enclosure.

I do like this about the p1p - tons of customisation options within the same box!

thanks for the feedback (sorry for the thread hijack!)