P1S Bricked

Oh wow! See I’ve never seen that light!! So yea, I’m thinking i may have blew my AP board. Im sorry to keep bugging you about it and i really appreciate your responses. Do you recall where the light is located on the board? The pictures a lil blurry but it looks like its on the side of the board where the lcd screen plugs in? Again, I’m sorry to bug but you seem to be the only one who was in the same boat as me. I cant find any other info on AP light or ANYTHING. Would you mind circling the light in the picture of my board, if you recall where it was.

Thank you,
Ben

well it wont let me up load my picture of my board :frowning_face:

The fact that you have to disassemble your own printer without help from support is unacceptable. They’re the ones that push these devices as plug and play units. “Perfect for beginners” - their own quote. I have a custom Octopus/Klipper build, I’m perfectly happy/experienced with servicing printers - I expect more of a company that pretends to be more.

Have you looked at the very detailed disassembly/assembly guides in the wiki for pretty much every replaceable part?

2 Likes

Yes, there is not enough information for it to not be support-driven, which is impossible, because they don’t answer tickets. I have two tickets open, one without a response in over a month.

Be careful… Lot’s of fan-boys here who feel that Bambu can do no wrong and you run the risk of being flamed by said fan-boys.

That said, I think your expectations and summary are spot-on.

As they say in Washington, DC, it’s not the lie that’s the scandal, it’s the coverup of the lie.

Bambu has grossly underserved their customer base and this is the single biggest criticism they face on numerous channels on the Internet.

1 Like

Just got our new printer and many errors have occurred so far that we have not been able to print nor connect. We changed our router to a 2.4 ghz N type (per the helpful info online), but it will not connect to the LAN. It shows on the printer screen, but the app on the phone says there is “no route to host”. Then trying to print “benchy”, the default model, we have gotten two error codes, 0300_0d00_0001_0008 and HMS 0700 2000 0002 0001. So, currently the new printed is bricked unless we get some help. I did manage to send a support ticket.

I’m assuming that since you replied under the P1S thread, you have a P1S. The display on the P1S is hard to read. I was unable to find the error code 0300_0d00_0001_0008. Are you sure you did not misread the number ‘8’ for the letter ‘B’? If you are misreading the error code, may I assume you made sure you removed all of the safety screws? I ask because if the error code is below… then a screw may still be in place.

Are your lead screws turning and the bed moving up or down when you start the print. If Not, either you have a faulty Z axis motor, broken or loose belt, disconnected wire to the Z axis motor or the possibility of still having left one of the safety screws in place.

The Second Error code I was able to find. Do you have an AMS and did you try running the printer without the AMS? This is to just rule out a faulty AMS connection.

Install video
Error Codes

1 Like

Here are some photos of the error codes. I just looked carefully at the plate and see that the material is offset from the support which may be the cause of the obstruction. The plate overhangs the edge and cannot be raised fully to meet the print head.

I can’t upload pictures (embed media),

Have you removed the bed screws as instructed?

You need to read the forum for several more minutes and view a couple more topics before you will advance to “Basic user status” which will allow you to post pictures.

5 Likes

Could I ask how good Banbulabs support have been? Looking to purchase a P1S (AMS) or Prusa.

After reading a few posts, I’m a tad concerned.

If any could share that would be great.

I have had nonstop issues with my P1S.

My bed apprived physically warped by a couple of mm towards the back right corner. Although the extruder can compensate for this, it also means that any large prints have curvature to them along the bottom. Bambu told me it was within specs.

A week later my AMS #4 slot kept throwing errors saying it was jammed. However, it never was jammed. Bambu told me it was working as-is to protect the AMS and that my rolls of filament were the problem. Nevermind even their own filament gave the error, and I could move the “problematic” filament to any of the other 3 slots and it would print perfectly. So now I have a AMS that only has 3x functional slots and Bambu believes that’s acceptable.

Then 4 weeks after I got my printer, I started getting hotend errors. I tried everything in the Wiki and opened a ticket. I ended up buying replacement parts myself because they took so long to respond. After a few weeks and more back and forth, they finally sent the replacement parts. But had I not spent my own money to buy replacements, it would have been out of commission for 3.5 weeks from when I opened the ticket, to when I got parts.

Then all of a sudden, I started getting horrific top layers (see photo). I did EVERYTHING under the sun (calibrated filament, dried filament, slowed speeds, changed infill, added more top layers, cooling on/off, you name it). I opened a ticket and Bambu’s response was “those are difficult parts to print”. Nevermind my Ender 3 can print them just fine.

Now a few weeks later, I’m getting the exact same hotend error. So I’ve had to open yet another ticket.

I finally asked for a replacement due to all of my documented issues in a printer less than 3 months old. I am sure they will balk, but I just cannot recommend purchasing anything from this company.

1 Like

Wow, that’s an horrific experience that you’ve been put through…… really poor CS

Sums up my worries in one reply……

Appreciate you taking the time to share, hoping you get some quality customer service.

I have no doubt it’s a great printer when it works. And I’m assuming that the vast majority of printers work just fine.

I read all the same disgruntled posts you did, along with all the high praise posts and thought “well the odds are good of me having zero issues”. Well I was wrong there, and if you do get a bum unit you’re super screwed.

Yeah, I can see what you’re saying.

What I also seem to pick up on is the amount of social media reviewers, never a bad word to say, makes me think there’s a reason they do this….

Thanks again, hoping you get the replacement you deserve.

Glad I joined this forum first, I was just about to make the purchase…… :see_no_evil:

Here is a thread from someone similar to your situation. Have a read through it. If you have any questions there are many regulars here that have a tonne of experience and are willing to share it.

2 Likes

Thanks Jon, just having a read through it now :+1:

1 Like