Hey guys, as I have noticed multiple users are facing the same issue of blob creation on the nozzle when printing carbon fiber reinforced filaments…
I was annoyed to babysit the printer and pause the print every 30 minutes to clean the blob, so I have created custom machine g-code that does that automatically. Modified code makes the printer go back where the rubber nozzle cleaner is located make a 3 sweeps to clean the blob and continue printing. Maybe this may come handy to someone else as well
**
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR P2S ONLY!!!** and supposed to be used with bambu CF filaments to prevent oozing and blob creation.
Insert following code into the printer machine g-code section, into window called “Layer change G-code“. There is some existing default code already, do not touch it, just add and copy extra code after. Then save a new printer preset with suffix “nozzle-clean“ and use as necessary. For smaller models consider increasing cleaning after more layers (10 or more)
Enjoy!
; --- Auto nozzle wipe every 5 layers (back cleaning area) ---
{if ((layer_num + 1) % 5 == 0)}
M117 Nozzle wipe layer {layer_num+1}
M400
; lift to avoid collision
G91
G1 Z5.0 F600 ; Z_LIFT - increase if needed
G90
; move to back cleaning station (adjust if your cleaner is elsewhere)
G1 X70 Y269.5 F20000
; ensure relative extrusion mode and small retract
M83
G92 E0
G1 E-1.0 F300
G4 P150
; slow wipe passes across rubber cleaner (tune offsets and passes)
G1 X70 Y269.5 F5000
G1 X100 Y269.5 F5000
G1 X70 Y269.5 F5000
G1 X100 Y269.5 F5000
G1 X70 Y269.5 F5000
G1 X100 Y269.5 F5000
; return to previous Z
G91
G1 Z-5.0 F600
G90
M400
{endif}
Disclaimer: you are making modifications on your own responsibility, I am not responsible for any damage or issues caused by this code. Test before use on simple 5x5mm cube which is 20mm high to test the code functionality. Do not use on any other printer than P2S!
@Wilikskiller Hello, new here with my p2s and g codes, where exactly in the g code i have to change from every 5 layers to 10 o more? hope you can help, thank you!
I am new to 3D printing. Bought my first printer, P2S in May of this year. Enjoyed it so much (and was too impatient to wait for prints) that I bought a 2nd one! I only do printing for myself and family and friends so…not too much. Back in August, I got my first blob of death while doing a simple PLA print. Went back and forth with Bambu and finally they decided it was too far gone and have sent me a new one (currently in transit). Two days ago, my 2nd P2S got a blob of death!!! I’m SO frustrated. Again, simple Bambu PLA filament! The nozzle is completely covered along with all the wiring etc on the back of the hotend. Just sent another email to customer support.
Both machines were new, not used very much, why does this keep happening? I know that you were using carbon fiber filament. I don’t use anything except PLA or PLA+. Will your code work in this situation? Also, should this be happening like this? Is this just part of 3D printing that you have to deal with??? SO FRUSTRATED!
never heard of anything like that, sounds like issue might be somewhere else…
but in general, yeah, the code above should definitely prevent that… however its mostly needed for 90-100% infill with CF filaments. Kind of overkill for PLA so definitely change it for like every 10-20th layer or so, depends on size of prints ofc…
but its rather simple… it goes to back, scrubs and cleans a few times and continue printing. Not always necessary, I use it rarely only for very high infills where blobs can accumulate.