Interesting that even the nonstick Obsidian blobs when this thing is wet.
Personally I’ve yet to think I can justify the 500 for now, as <$10 a pop basic did what I want needed. not sure how it might differ but I’m not too impressed by Bambu’s own high flows, the multichannel leads to noticeably blunter corners in PA calibration. But I’m super picky. Will def give the H2 ver. diamondback a try at some point.
Can’t say I love the drying part, I really don’t, but maybe because everything I print (in serious manner) are freaking hygroscopic I’ve long adapted my workflow to…. always preemptively drying/sealing new arrivals (sans regular PLAs) a day before first intended use. Simply the downside to me not doing is randomly triggered 8 hours gone, effectively a business day wasted there. Just not gonna take the chances.
In comparison to Advocado color, it still have zits, quite a bit of the hair and overall surface quality is subpar. Avocado green, on the other hand, looks great. No surface issues.
Again, both filaments were opened up at the same time, dried for identical amount of time in Space Pi 4.
Also, I have to notice that white filament is super brittle. In comparison to a green color, it cracks under a slight press at the top of the vase, while applying the same amount of pressure on a green print is completely fine.
Bambu’s matte white filament is somehow brighter than a full gloss PETG from Prusa. For me it tells that it’s likely have a high percentage of titanium dioxide color additive that makes it much weaker than the other.
… or maybe it’s still wet. I guess we will find out in about 24 hours.
If it will continue to misbehave, I will use all my power to b*^&ch to Bambu Lab and return this ■■■■. So far I don’t like it at all (I mean, white color only. Avocado green color is my favorite duh)
I print mostly PETG, not abrasives. For me Obxidian is justified because of the anti-stick properties of the nozzle. It’s a life saver with PETG.
For most people, silicone sock wearing down by getting ruptured or torn - for me it gets caked up with a PETG fumes residue that makes it as hard as a stone.
Regular nozzles tend to bake with PETG blobs a lot. HF nozzles help a lot with a volumetric flow of some PETGs that just don’t work too well … sometimes.
That Matte White def looks wrong. Mine printed in similar quality to Avocado and seemed the same when handled (tho not a vase)
Good point, I print PETGs probably more than others but were overwhelmingly functional/dimensional accuracy > aesthetics thus pretty limited in kind, I can see the benefits for using broader varieties.
I had almost forgotten these… It was indeed a big problem with Bambu HF. I think it lessened, drastically, after switching to the new Basic. Another point to the ugly horse.