[Petition - feature request] LAN-Only Camera

Hello!

In light of recent events with the Cloud being down this morning and the issues we saw with the Cloud ~2-3 weeks ago, the LAN-only mode should seriously cover all the printer features whether it’s an X1/X1C/P1P.

I’m making this post as an Official “Petition” to centralize the community in our ask to Bambu Labs to enable
Camera for the LAN-only mode.

Everything else works like a charm already, give us the camera too!! :slight_smile:

While I love the Cloud, and I love that I can go get groceries and keep an eye on things via the Bambu Handy app with the Cloud, I believe we can all agree that not having the video feed in the LAN-Only mode is counter intuitive.

Thumbs up/Reply and let’s show Bambu we want this feature enabled.

22 Likes

This is the most lacking feature in the the x1c. Being able to remote view the printer would have saved a high temperature bed that got abraded away by the print head dragging giant blob over the print bed for 5 hours. It polished a patch on the build plate and now that region is failed print land.

I’m never going to use the printer in cloud mode. I don’t give the printer and the PC I run bambu studio internet access. Doing a bambu studio and firmware update ended up being a bit of a pain. The bambu studio wants to download the network module and getting the printer and studio to talk again required far to much fiddling.

The x1c seems to have plenty of CPU and the gcode upload seems reasonably fast, just have the printer present the video as a rtsp stream and then we can view the video with whatever client. Even just having the current camera image as a jpeg (updated at say 1hz) on a printer web page would be plenty checking for failed prints.

I helped my nephew setup a p1p and I was disappointed that the camera didn’t work in bambu studio. He was using it in cloud mode, but the camera interface just started complaining about the LAN IP address. The printer showed the camera icon and the dot on it while printing so that much is working. I ran out of time to debug the problem.

1 Like

Bump up to the top side.

I created a poll for this. Please vote.