Please Show the Layer that is Currently Printing

I have had two failures recently, due to odd supports, (printing armor plates #2) and I would like to just split the file, (cut seems to work), and start the print at layer I was at where the error occurred. Right now, I have to count the layers. I would like to have the layer at where a print pauses accessible either on the Handy App, or in Studio as it is printing. Is this possible?

My version of Bambu Studio shows the layer numbers being printed. It has just started appearing in the last couple of days. Recently, I switched over to Bambu Studio - SoftFever Version 1.4.5. Likewise, I just updated the Firmware to 1.04.01.00. I’m not sure which of these changes added the layer number feature but it just showed up after these last two updates.

1 Like

I also just found this reference to the layer info:

Releases · bambulab/BambuStudio (github.com)

Item #3 in the GitHub Release notes.

Thank you. I just downloaded the the new version of Studio, 1.05.00.59 Beta, but I can’t seem to find the Firmware update. Can you provide a link for that? Also, how would I go about forcing a firmware update if it is not an official release (or is it official?)

Hmm, maybe I won’t update until I finish the print I’m working on…

This is the software they are referring to.

The current z-level is only shown if the firmware is updated. As far as I know this is currently only valid for the X1-series and not the P1P

That is the issue. I have the P1P. I’m sure they will update it soon for us too… right?!? :innocent:

1 Like

Well I updated the firmware today, and installed the new version of Bambu Studio that’s needed to access new features. It appears that displaying the z-level didn’t make it to this round of firmware and software :frowning:

Where did you get firmware 1.04.01.00 ??? Do you have a X1 or a P1P ? My P1P have fw 1.02.02.00 and as far as i know, that is the latest, for P1P.

I have the Carbon X1 Combo. The new firmware update was showing as “available” on my display for a couple of weeks before I finally allowed it t download and self-install. I waited because there was another thread where a number of people were stating they immediately started having adhesion issues after the update. But I finally took the plunge and did the update and have not had any adhesion issues.

I found it on GitHub.

This is the section for the P1P.

It is a combination of BambuStudio/OrcaSlicer to be on the update level that the layer height is part of the GCode, but also the FW of the printer.
As far as I know, currently, only the X1 Series supports the display of current layer height during printing.