Poop occasionally in the print area?

Occasionally, I’m having poops show up around the rear Z axis screw, under the bed, and sometimes on top of the bed. It does not happen all the time. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I am suspecting it’s sticking to the nozzle during the purge, but I have not been able to catch it occurring yet. anyone have any ideas as to the cause?

3 Likes

Hey, I made the mistake of looking behind/ under the table my printer is on the other day and discovered poop. I guess it was explosive!

3 Likes

Happened to me a few times and actually saw it happen once. The plastic was still connected firmly to the nozzle after purging and when the extruder went over to clean the nozzle on the nozzle wiper it flung it across the plate.

3 Likes

my unit occasionally forgets to wipe properly and drops turds around it’s living quarters as well.

i’d say it happens more when the nozzle gets gunked up…may be time for a thorough scrub.

2 Likes

What do you mean by “scrub”? I’m super new to 3d printing, mind

After a failed job my nozzle got gunked up with filament and now there’s pieces of that old filament attached to it and I have no idea what to do

i dont know if this is the best process, but i take the silicone sock off, set the nozzle temp to 300C, and with a stainless wire brush, i give the tip a scrub. if it’s really caked on, i use a razor and scrape it off.

let it cool down, put sock back on…and go back to printing.

1 Like

I have a brass brush, I assume that should work ok and will definitely not damage the hardened nozzle. 300C does seem a little high as I would suspect PLA might burn in the nozzle, thinking maybe 225…I will give it a shot :wink:

Same here… I have found 3 times poop in print area. Just after it goes to wipe the nozzle, after the initial purge material, the poop stays attached to the nozzle and jump to the bed.
I think they should rewrite the wipe script. I am seeing fail prints ahead because of that.

Hi, I just got my X1 Carbon Combo.
I’m noticing a lot of the poop ending in the build plate and Lidar is identifying it as Spaghetti and pausing the print. I have to go and manually resume it.
Anyone has or had the same problem? Any suggestions on how to solve it?

1 Like

yes asked in other forums also many times the issue occurred and they say it is considered normal. I can only hope that this does not occur when printing multi-colour with AMS., coz that would be disasterous. but i guess for me the failed to pull fillament seems to be the biggest bug bear for me when printing multi colour

Thanks!
It does happen quite a lot on multi-colour prints with me.
It’s not disastrous as it doesn’t interfere with the print but It’s vary annoying when the lidar detects it and stops the print until you check it and click to ignore. If you are not near the print or checking your phone it takes a lot more time to finish the print…

If poops are on de build plate then spaghetti detection will pop up.

Only occasionally. Small bits are often undetected and I have seen some large ones go unnoticed.

Change the sensibility.

Just in case the engineers are reading these forums to find things to improve, I’ll add my voice here and say I’m having this a lot too. Not sure how my nozzle could be too dirty as I’ve only had the printer a couple weeks and haven’t been using it heavily. Seems like there’s room for improvement here.

1 Like

This is starting to happen every time for me now. Didn’t used to happen. I’ve printed a lot and been using these printers for around a year now. Changed the cutter blade, changed the wiper thingy. I guess I haven’t changed the nozzle yet. Maybe that’s next to try?

Been using Bambu since launch. I definitely see more of this happening in the last couple of firmware upgrades.

1 Like

I see this quite often too, I usually keep an eye on it over the video feed then run to the printer to tweezer it away before it becomes an issue.

I was vaguely thinking of designing something for the filament strand to go in to when the head is traveling from the poop shoot to the head cleaner thingy. A flat plate that overhangs the poop shoot that has a funnel like cutout that the neck of the filament that’s not fallen can travel in to. As the head moves from the head cleaner to the build plate, the fat spaghetti lump on the end will hit the plate as it’s pulled up and should pull the strand off the head allowing it all to fall properly in to the poop shoot and not end up on the build plate.

Personally I found that the poop door extension made a big difference decreasing the amount of poop that doesn’t make it down the shoot.

7 Likes

I also still have lots of debris and sometimes even poop on a plate, which destroys allready 2 Hotends. I Will try then silikonsock solution from makeworld, it seems that this design clean perfectly the nozzle. You should see how much filament debree is in my X1C in a week and i bet there many places which i cant clean anymore like the backend of the inside where debrie can fall in holes.