Prints Fail to Start using latest Bambu Studio Update

I installed the latest Bambu Studio update (1.4.2.13) last night and have been having problems sending prints to my X1 Carbon printer ever since.

I click the “Print plate” button, it switches to the Device tab, but the printer appears to just stay Idle.

So, then I try to send the print again, and Bambu Studio complains: “Printing jobs are not allowed to be sent while printing.[0500 4004]”.

I went to check the printer, it still wasn’t printing, so I tried yet again to send the file to the printer. Nothing happened. Turned the printer off / on, sent again, nothing happened.

Then 10-15 minutes later and got more of these print job not allowed messages, and the printer had finally started printing the job I sent.

Today, sent my 1st print of the day, didn’t start printing, stayed Idle, just like above.

When I check the SD Card on the Printer I see the files I sent… the printer just doesn’t start printing.

Thinking about downgrading, since I never had any issues sending prints previously.

1 Like

im having the exact same problem, i thought it was just me. It happened last night with the jobs being sent after i started a job with the SD card instead. Today it worked fine and then this evening started playing up again.

Bambu Cloud is down this evening (it was the same yesterday), hence no prints are working anymore.
There was already an existing topic : Is Bambu Cloud down again ?!

Ok. Thanks for the info.

I didn’t associate the Cloud being down with my problem initially… since it occurred immediately upon upgrading my Bambu Studio installation last night.

1 Like

And it is still down.

So is it that the cloud is down, or is the problem the software version?

1 Like

And can you print from a SD card when the cloud is down? (I don’t have a card to try it).

For me, the printing file made it onto the printer’s internal sd card somehow… not sure if it was my internal network or the cloud… the print just never started.

I was able to walk up to the printer and start the print manually from the touchscreen.

My file showed up, but the file was not complete so couldn’t start it manually. Had to put it onto a SD card to get it working.

yes, you can - you will have to transfer file to SD card manually