Is Bambu Cloud down again ?!

I’m now not able to print anything again
What is going on ?

Moreover it’s very obscure, as the upload is working, but nothing is started !

Status should be made wayy clearer :

• when launching print (right now, it’s just uploading from Bambu Studio without any issues, but then nothing happens)
  • on bambu lab x1 side (with a “cloud = OK” clear status somewhere on the screen)
  • with a status.bambus.com URL
5 Likes

Having same problem. Would really be ideal if there were fallback mechanism that printed over LAN if the cloud service is down.

3 Likes

I too have similar problem the file is sent to the printer but it didn’t print had to manually start it from the touchscreen

1 Like

Have exact same problem - happy to upload, no response on printer. P1P, latest firmware + Studio version.

Since the interface on my computer shows the status of the print job I had to manually load at the printer, it’s obvious they are communicating locally. Why doesn’t Bambu take the step to bypass the cloud and send direct like Mainsail does.

2 Likes

I haven’t had any cloud print problems, but I have had problems reaching this forum. Sometimes the forum seems to settle on error 503 for quite a long time.

1 Like

Yeah that was happening randomly since yesterday, but forum seems to be stable now. Bambu Cloud still down, however.

And this is exactly the reason we need a non-cloud based solution. One with all features, not just the ones BL want to give us.

5 Likes

Down here in FL also. I have had my P1P one day and I could not figure out what i was doing wrong. Worked this morning. This cloud things is going to be a big issue i can see.

Just came back up for me. East Coast

1 Like

I would suggest to be careful :

1. It seems to be coming back and forth (was up one hour ago, down again after that …)
  2. It seems that the prints triggered during the shutdown were still “in the pipeline” (correctly uploaded, but stuck somewhere in the process), and ARE restarted automatically and send back to the printer as soon as everything is up => this may be quite dangerous (regarding in which state your printer is at that time).
1 Like

I think you are correct. I’m getting a number of notifications from all the attempts I made during the outage.

1 Like

I just got my P1P today and after finishing my first print I haven’t been able to start another. I wish the process was LAN-first with fallback to cloud when not on the same network.

1 Like

If a print is running it will just come up and say that you can not print while it’s in operation. Not a big deal.

It actually is a problem. I got that message while it was printing but when the job finished it started the next job immediately. I went to get the finished print and the next print was starting. Luckily I was able to stop it before the head crashed into the previous print.
There is a serious problem here!

4 Likes

My printer has now started printing some of my previously failed attempts… which is very annoying, and possibly dangerous.

I don’t want 5 copies from all the attempts which failed. And I have no way to cancel the “in the pipeline” ghost prints.

3 Likes

It’s worse than that : maybe your printer is online, ready, with a finished print (but plate and printed parts not yet removed). Or everything is ready, but you removed the plate. Awaiting prints should start in these situations - maybe it will fail, maybe it will be harmless in the end, but i would still tend to think that it’s not the best possible behavior in the world from a safety point of view.

1 Like

Definitely encountered it. I’m glad I started one of the jobs locally as it gave my printer to error out on the delayed cloud jobs.

1 Like

I discovered this last night. Although BS says the print has been sent, it takes the printer much longer to start. Repeated attempts to cancel and restart a print just builds a queue that that can’t be cancelled without cycling printer power. I just installed BS 1.4.2.14.

1 Like

This is not an issue with the new version. I have it happening on the old version too. This is a Bambu Lab’s equipment problem and more proof that a fully function local only lan solution is needed. The current LAN only is a joke.

1 Like