Remove loud vibration by Start printing

Hi,

i have a little Question. My Printers are in a Flat. Often the Prints are finished between 22 and 23 o Clock. To start a new Print the Printer make loud vibratings (while homing etc.). Can i disable it for nightprints? I wont annoy my neighbors.

Thanks

1 Like

You can turn off automated calibration; if it is not working (it worked in the past), you can edit the machine start g-code.

The g-code to comment is in the “mech mode fast check”. If you change the g-code, I advise you to stand near the printer for the first time to check that everything goes as planned.

These are the louder vibrations. You may need to dump the printer vibration if it is a general issue. I use a typical solution consisting of a heavy slab topped with foam, which works quite well.

yes its not a problem to stand by the printer while it starts.

so this is the only one i need to change?

;===== mech mode fast check============================
;G1 X128 Y128 Z10 F20000
;M400 P200
;M970.3 Q1 A7 B30 C80  H15 K0
;M974 Q1 S2 P0

;G1 X128 Y128 Z10 F20000
;M400 P200
;M970.3 Q0 A7 B30 C90 Q0 H15 K0
;M974 Q0 S2 P0

;M975 S1
;G1 F30000
;G1 X230 Y15
;G28 X ; re-home XY
;===== mech mode fast check============================
1 Like

I cannot access the slicer to confirm if this is the only required change. It used to be.

Some interesting posts:

Note:
From my understanding, this code section compares to the printer calibration values, verifying if the calibration is still valid.
If the printer sits in a stable position, it may be redundant.
Nevertheless, I never did it and cannot be precise about possible issues.

It works with my changes. I added it to a “no vibration” Profile. Thanks

I want to change the printer profile only in cases where I have printed before and the mech mode was active during the last print. My printer is positioned on a large stone and doesn’t move much. I don’t think it would be a problem to disable it for some prints at night.