Revo's for Bambu X1 Carbon

It looks near identical to the 45W revo. And no, I haven’t ran into that issue you mentioned, not sure about OP.

I have not gotten any errors or issues as of yet and those printers print non stop. Nor any issues when printing the test. Now as soon as i saw issues on the test i stopped could i have seen something if i let it go on. who knows but its been flawless so far

Would love to see you run a max flow test with a good PLA so I can compare to the Ali CHT nozzles as the Panda is quite pricey.

On my next order i will order some PLA i just dont print with it only for the support interface layer and i am low on it anyways.

Awesome, looking forward to it. I would run a PETG test myself to compare, but the only kind I have is CF variant as I print mostly PLA, ASA and PA.

Here is what my X1 can do with 0.6 CHT nozzle and dual heater mod. High flow PLA and temp bump. Started at 20mm³/s and went up by 1mm per 1mm³/s. So nice and smooth up to 46mm³/s, up to 50mm³/s with a few skips and imperfection and finally a line failure at 54mm³/s.

1 Like

Wish you could drop the project here, i would run the exact test as what you ran to give you and exact comparison.

Its the built in test from the Orca slicer. If you go to “Calibration:More:Max flow test” and the settings are Starting from 20mm³/s up to 60mm³/s in 1mm increments. I also bumped the temp a bit higher then 220 as it got higher up. If you are going to do 0.4mm nozzle, I can redo mine as well with 0.4mm.

I will give it a try again but orca does not work well at all especially with custom coded filaments on the printer it crashes all the time not knowing what todo with filaments that are not in its DB and it has no idea how to pull it from the printer. I filed a bug when Bambu Released the feature but dont think Orca has done anything with custom filament features or have fixed it.

If its still an issue will run the one i have on Bambu Slicer

With macOS orca slicer works perfectly with custom filaments. You must be on windows?

Also any profile you choose in orca will override the AMS setting anyways including pressure advance etc. So if you are not printing from the mobile app, it make no difference.

This is very interesting, and nice results. By “dual heater mod”, do you mean you run two stock heaters in parallel, for 80W? And if so, are you just taking your chances or have you confirmed this is supported by the driving circuitry in the long run?

I’ve same question as temptation to install a 88W cartridge (Rapido 2 heater) is high (haven’t found a 60W).

88W at 24V it’s ~3.7A.

As far as I know, a copper wire of 21-22AWG should be fine, but I’ve no idea what are the specs of the wires used by Bambu.

Really interested about this dual heater mod.

Well clearly the Kingroon PLA is just ok filament and is the limiting factor in this test that i ran twice with the same outcome. The print was perfect up to it not bonding at that speed. Temp 220 0.6 HF Nozzle. Will order another brand like overture to test it out to see what i can get. It did hit the advertised flow rate for PLA that Revo claimed and i belive if i ran temps higher or a better filament it would have gone way past it the only issue it had is that it stopped sticking at that speed not that it had issues pushing it out.

i used this for the test since Orca for me on my PC, Mac, and Ubuntu builds all crash due to custom filaments. Always yealls that i need to download a newer version when it pulls filament settings it does not understand and i have the latest as well as i tested the new nightly build same issue.

Did i mention how much i hate PLA. Glad i only use it for the interface layer on supports which are slow to print anyways.

11.24mm + 10 = 22.24mm3

Yes two heaters in parallel with the second one on the other flat side of the nozzle block. Thats 96W total as each one is 48W.

I have a spare TH board set just in case, but its been running fine for months. Keep in mind because of PID its rarely at the full 24V, mainly at initial warm up, so the extra stress is minimal on wiring and circuitry. But as with any mod, this is not officially supported by Bambu, so do at your own risk.

1 Like

I find if I create the custom filament in Bambu, there will be problems with them as well as not fully visible in Orca. But if I create the custom filament in Orca, no problems at all. Visible on AMS and printer, and fully working with no crashes.

Here is what it can do with ASA… just ran the test with the same settings as the PLA test I ran, starting at 20mm³/s up to 60mm³/s in 1mm increments, bumping the temp higher as it went up. It actually completed the test with no skips or errors! Thats 60mm³/s and still not hitting the top end! Im kind of surprised and curious where it will top out.

I gave that a try deleted the custom filaments in Bambu. Made sure printer was clean of custom filaments and back to factory. I then tried to load Orca and yes it loads without issue then created the custom filaments from Orca and it works like a charm clearly there are settings that dont align when created in Bambu but if created in Orca it works in Bambu as well …

1 Like

Glad to hear its working! :+1:

Wow. I need to try that dual heater mod just for kicks.

I know the definite ceiling: Our maximum E is 30 mm/s (F1800 in G-code I presume) and this corresponds to 72 mm³/s through the nozzle. If you could do 60 mm³/s already, chances are we can actually hit the limit. But you can’t set it higher than 70 in the filament profile (just a release version back of Bambu Studio, it was 50 - lower than you did now!). It’s easy enough to edit a json file and put 72 in there though :sunglasses:

Is there a way to pid tune the hotend after changing it?