Save user filament presets to AMS

Hello! I watched an interview with the director, Dr. Ye Tao on the next layer podcast, he said they really pay attention to the pull requests for the Bambu studio on the GitHub (in the Orca GitHub maybe also at the same time), if anyone knows how to do that - it’s best to do so, I think, so such feature could be added just for the sake of best experience.

indeed !
I do NEED certain colours from time to time, and buy several brands, compair them, and keep only one I te rest is sent back ).
Thus, I can’t always use Bambu’s own brand and need to monitor and adjust by hand… Tedious ! and not of this decade.
Only 10 user filaments would help a lot !

thanx,
lucas.

Count me in too. But it’s qite sad that after many months and some firmware release updates BBL has not done something for this…

exactly! its dumb that more advanced users (doing custom print and filament profiles) have a worse experience then those staying with stock. I want to tie my custom filament and presser advance profiles to a given filament RFID and to have the printers auto update Bambu studio. so if a Bambu roll it went into any printer on that users account it would pull those profiles over the stock one, so it was no more work then to just physically swapping filament.

Pls. count me in too.
Make the filament files / presets in the slicers preparation. Then we should be able to select this files in the AMS selection before print. Only RFID filaments should automatically read in the values.
As far as I know the AMS selection is only to tell the AMS which Slot to use for which filament from the slicer preparation. E.g. k-factor from Slicer will override k-factor from AMS.
Is there maybe a way to update/rewrite an .json File for the AMS? For me even manual edit is acceptable. Is there a .json Filament File in Orca for AMS?

It is crazy that as of 1/7/24 this hasn’t been fixed. As best as I can tell, I need to edit gcode to enter pressure advance (k-factor) for non BL filament. Or use Orca slicer.

The pressure advanced settings are called flow dynamics profiles.
You can set them in the device tab in the slicer on the AMS slots or directly on the printer display.

Bambu implemented that in the software months ago.

Now we are waiting for the new FW which hopefully does this automaticly when you select the filamant… but also not possible for all scenarios, I have multiple profiles for the same filament, depending on what I’m printing.

Not for me. I have latest software and firmware and I cannot enter “Factor K”, “PA Profile”, or the actual filament (only can select list of filaments that BS provides in the dropdown list) in BambuStudio. I can enter the pressure advance in Orca however.

Take a look on the wiki post how flow dynamics calibration is done correctly. You have to do this at least once or you will not have any profiles to select from. It’s not possible to enter the k factor directly like in orca slicer.

My goodness, I can’t believe that in 2024 this will still not be resolved.

Bambulab totally ignore this request till Apr 2024?

It’s coming to Studio and is available now in Studio Public beta 3.

Still prefer the Orca approach, including K values with the filament preset stored on the computer instead of the printer/AMS.

3 Likes