Scheduled Print Start in 3D Printer Slicer

It would be fantastic to have the option to schedule the start time of a 3D print. This could be particularly helpful in scenarios where I slice a model in the evening but want the print to start the next morning at a specific time (e.g., 8:00 when I leave for work). This way, users can plan their prints to coincide with their schedules, ensuring that the printer starts when it’s most convenient.

Or for workshops and offices, the ability to initiate a print after everyone has left for the day would be great. This feature could allow prints to be executed during non-working hours, such as overnight, reducing the impact on daytime activities.

This option could be added in the Slicer in the dropdown menu: Could be something between “Print Plate” and “Send” for example: “Scheduled Print” and the in the slice window you set the date and time:

Why not use Handy…??

1 Like

If you include the right number of G4 S99 commands at the start of your print then I think you can get it to hold off on starting the print (or get it to pause in the middle)l

It would be possible to write a script to add the commands automatically too.

See other thread for further info Would love a delayed start or set start time for a job - #6 by ThePhant0mZone

1 Like

I wonder if it’s easier to automate the key strokes to send a print from Studio at a certain time.

Shift+Clt+G Prints a plate
Tab through the “Send a Print Job” window to the “Send” button
Enter

I think my main concern is that automating sending a print means that there is a much higher chance of you returning to a printer that looks like this.

3 Likes

How do you set that up? If I make a print in Bambu Studio, how do I queue it up so I can start it later using Bambu Handy?

You can’t schedule anything. But since Handy is connected to the printer of WI-FI, you don’t have to be home to start a print.
I forgot the fact that at this time, you cannot see the SD Card in the A1 Mini.

EDIT: The last update added SD Card access.

1 Like

But this only works if you have already printed this part before!

I did some searching and found that the way you do it is you send the print to the printer, then once it starts heating the bed, you cancel the print. Then you can access it in your print history in Handy later when you want it to start.

The good thing about this approach is you will be aware when it starts and are more likely to remember to look at the camera to verify things are printing well if it’s a part you’re not sure of yet.

2 Likes

I also support this request.

1 Like

I too would find this super useful! Even though I work from home, my personal pc is across the room I know I can get distract easily since its in a car sim cockpit, so I dont end up printing til im off work. Would be ideal if I could schedule prints and possibly have a queue of prints and just tap a button on screen when I clear the bed or change filament to start the next print…
@BambuLab :pray: