Screen Upgrade For P1P / P1S?

Hey all, amateur question: I upgraded my p1s with the x-touch screen BUT decided to use the factory SD card to flash as I didnt have another one handy. Got the screen to work and powered screen up from the printer. However when I go to print it tells me the card is missing. I always print cloud so why does the printer therefore need a card at all and do I just need to replace it. Cheers

Yes, the printer needs a SD card. Even if you are using the cloud, you will upload to the cloud from slicer and the printer downloads it to local starage to print it. P1P/S have no other local storage for print files than SD card. 16GB or 32GB brand cards are sufficient if you now and then delete files you no longer need.

Got it. Thank you very much for confirming. Guess cloud isnt all hands off after all!

Have you been able to check out the panda touch? It seems to add an x1-like experience to the p1 series.

I have both an X1 and a P1. If you are going to get the AMS, the X1 screen is a big help with managing filaments. Without AMS, the P1 series is fine, but the controls are quite clunky and buttons quite bad. Also keep in mind instead of using the limited in its functionality xtouch or buying the expensive panda touch, you can just re-purpose an old iPhone (or android phone/tablet) most of us having laying in a drawer to works as a fully functional controller. I turn my P1 display completely off, as the iPhone does everything I need including load/unload filament, movement, temp, speed, errors, firmware upgrades etc.

3 Likes

And check out the announcement from bigtree tech regarding the panda and Xtouch. Bambu has told them they are working on a firmware update that will disable or cripple these devices. I can only hope bambu labs realizes how much their customers like these screens and decides happy customers are the secret to a successful business

The post below gives a great perspective on this. It’s not all doom and gloom.

3 Likes

What are you talking about? Bambu on many occasion has said they wanted to work with responsible 3rd party vendors to expand their ecosystem because they are not big enough as a company. Anyone who bought their printer should have known that.The lcd screens in question does not alter the system or communications of bambu at all…they utilize it.A little digging will reveal a rift between bambu and bigtreetech, So this is a buisness issue, not technical

1 Like

You’re new here. Welcome to the forum.

No point of getting your nickers in a bunch.

3 Likes

Seems like their 5G connected tinfoil hat wasn’t a good idea.

I tend to have the same way of thinking, however in this case we are seeing it happening.

1 Like

you can always remote access into your pc from android phone or tablet. (playstore -search for ‘remote desktop’) No need for Panda.

If you want a screen for the P1P/S just do the XTouch it cost 7$

The reason is the board the p1p uses. It does not have the power etc. To run a touchscree muchless the software. This is why the third party screens do not replace the p1p/p1s screen. Instead it uses wifi to connect.

The A1 has a completely differwnt mainboard. Remember the p1p came out when BBL first started,