Sequential Printing Skirt Bug in Bambu Lab Slicer

Hello fellow 3D printing enthusiasts,

I’m a big fan of sequential printing; it’s incredibly efficient for printing multiple parts in different colors all at once, eliminating the need to reprint each piece. However, I’ve run into an issue when adding a skirt to the sequential printing job.

To ensure a smooth transition between colors and to prevent any gaps or leftover colors from affecting the print quality, I typically add a skirt with at least two loops around each piece before it starts. This acts as a purge to guarantee the next part prints flawlessly. However, I’ve run into an issue where, upon setting a skirt for this purpose, the slicer applies a two-loop skirt encompassing all pieces instead of just the one in the current color. Moreover, when it moves to the second piece (and any pieces thereafter), it adds a skirt but only a single line, which is not sufficient for the intended purge and to avoid printing gaps.

This behavior defeats the purpose of using a skirt for color purge in sequential printing, since the piece that would benefit the most—namely, the second piece and any subsequent ones—ends up with only a single skirt line instead of the ideal two or more. This insufficient skirt fails to ensure a proper purge of the previous filament and to prevent printing gaps.

I’m attaching an image below to illustrate the issue more clearly.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or has a workaround? Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to your responses and thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Henrique

I was going to say click “Objects” instead of “Global” and change it for the part, but changing the skirt on an object basis is not an option in Bambu Studio or Orca Slicer.

The way you can accomplish the same thing is by adding a Brim that is 1mm wide (lower width doesn’t work) and a 1 mm or more brim-object gap

3 Likes

That’s a nice workaround! I’ve had the same problem, although IIRC I didn’t get any skirt at all in color #2, only the initial skirt around all parts in color #1.

Thank you for sharing this workaround! I followed your suggestion, and it’s working perfectly. I’m currently using this method, and it has effectively solved the issue (as long as I don’t need a real brim :sweat_smile:). Thanks again!

:joy: Even if you need a brim you are fine because the previous filament will just go into the brim.