Set Default Print Speed

I seem to be able to set the Silent mode once printing has started, but how can I make this the default and permeant option and prevent it being switched back to Normal again when a new job is started.

10 Likes

I would imagine simply change the default speed in the profiles. If you cut that by 50% then the default speed (100%) should be what the silent mode would be. I think the silent mode cuts speed by 50%…so if you lower the default speed by 50% then you are actually running in “silent mode” even if the printer says “Normal speed”…and if you then push the silent mode, then its cut by 50% again :-). All that theory, havent tried it…but seems logic to me.:slight_smile:

Probably not only the speed is reduced to 50% in silent mode, but also the acceleration and possibly the jerk.
This would then have to be taken into account in a separate profile to imitate the silent mode in standard mode.

2 Likes

I came looking for info on when is the “right” time to set print speed mode. It can’t be set before I start printing, and it seems like if I set it while the printer is warming up, it resets it back to normal. So I kind of have to babysit until the warmup and calibration is done. Being able to change the default or assign it in the project would be a great feature.

8 Likes

This Printer has so many amazing features that makes starting a print so simple and a very pleasant user experience.

• You can send the print over remotely
  • The AMS will handle selecting and preparing the correct filament for the job
  • The printer auto levels the bed and calibrates the extruder flow
  • it even reviews the first layer to make sure it’s good before proceeding!

Sadly, as the above user expressed, we still need to babysit the entire start process so that once the print has started, we can lower the speed (side note: and lower the chamber fan speed). I would like to be able to set the print speed as I send the print to the printer so that I can disconnect from the print and move on while it gets started.

This would be a separate enhancement request (which I’ll log later), but I would also like to be able to set a max chamber fan speed percentage which can be over-ridden by the printer if the chamber temp goes up into the danger zone.

Reducing the print speed results in a significantly higher quality print and changes the sound pitch to one that’s not as annoying. So quality/noise are the two main factors here. This is why I mentioned the chamber fan as well, to paint the real-life picture of why we think this would be useful to us.

This printer is nothing short of amazing. Thanks for building such a fantastic product. I hope you’ll enhance soon so that we can set a default print speed and/or be able to decide the speed as you send the job to the printer from Bambu Studio.

1 Like

100% agree. I could probably work out the percentage of each speed settings prior to slicing but I’m sure there is other settings I need to consider if I want all my prints @ a “Default” speed. If I forget to change to say ludicrous half way through the print, I’m stuffed. It is visible on the layer lines where I have changed the speed. To be able to set the default speed prior to slicing would be amazing!!! Running the print farm would be so much easier.

Thanks in advance Bambu for adding this feature :slight_smile:

After reducing everything to 50% manually I noticed that the wiper function is also slowed and not as effective.

One year later and still no update regarding this…

I too opened a petition on Github @ /bambulab/BambuStudio/issues/2923
to get the speeds implement into Studios Slicer, but no reaction yet…

Maybe, if more people like this petition we can get this to be implemented sooner.

Or has anyone found a workaround yet? Just got my P1S 2 weeks ago so I’m pretty new to BambuLabs ecosystem.

If you use Home Assistant, you can link it to your Bambu printer. It could then have an automation that changes the speed whenever it’s printing.

I imagine this is what they automation would look like, but I haven’t tried it since I’m very happy with normal speed. The part I’m not sure about is the speed setting - it may take an enum, not a number.

description: "Boost Bambu speed when printing starts - untested"
mode: single
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.p1p_print_status
    to: running
condition: []
action:
  - service: select.select_option
    data:
      option: "150"
    target:
      entity_id: select.p1p_printing_speed

Is Bambu Lab reading this to adjust the firmware at some point? How can we push the topic?

I agree that it would be very convenient if in the bambu lab application in the Speed section you could simply choose from 4 default speeds (the ones that are built into the printer programmer when the printer is offline)

Great, thanks for the suggestiong!

I’d may rather use the _stage over the _status and set the trigger on printing.

alias: A1 Mini Auto Silent Mode
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.a1mini_0309da3a1101157_current_stage
    to: printing
condition: []
action:
  - device_id: ff909ea6f1f6c138dfb2ac10e51ad9d1
    domain: select
    entity_id: a492617740768446edcb4dbea04342a7