So sick of this $3,000 X1C it's ridiculous

I caught covid and didnt die so covid cant kill you.

Ive also seen a car that can in fact fly. This doesnt mean all cars should be able to.

I use a single xfinity xfi router. I imagine a large majority of people in my area use the same.

This is the one of 100 or so devices that have been used on my network and this is the only device that needed special router settings to work.

You can buy a toaster that uses 5ghz

I know this is extremely tangential, but it’s really not. All of my fiddly WiFi instabilities and quirks went away after ditching all of my UniFi gear. It’s very pretty, and is a nice coherent ecosystem, but their AP coverage/signal quality and buggy firmware leaves a lot to be desired.

I replaced a 6AP UniFi installation with 4 Ruckus APs in the same positions. Coverage is better, data rates are higher, everything is 100% rock solid. Bye bye UniFi. :wave:

Sorry, to bring this back to relevancy: I had intermittent issues with my X1C on my 2.4/5G UniFi network. Not a single dropped connection with the same deployment w/Ruckus.

2 Likes

I have absolutely no problem with the UniFi network. Old devices like first gen Nest and Samsung S5 work just fine. Modern devices work just fine. The X1C is now working on the network too. 30 something devices playing nicely, just the Bambu X1C that’s temperamental.

I do not believe the UniFi network is causing any problems and I’m deep in it (6 AP, a 48 port Switch and a Bridge) so no chance I’ll change for 1 misbehaving device.

1 Like

When my AMS bay stopped working it was due to a piece of filament that broke off. In Bambu Wiki section there are easy how-to’s to remove a broke off piece of filament from the AMS. I print tons of TPU on my Bambu. Bambu Labs clearly states you cannot print TPU in an AMS, but you can easily load TPU on the single roll external unit just not the AMS. YouTube has a great video on using TPU and how-to do it without unplugging the AMS.

Also as a side note to make using the external spool a breeze to print TPU instead of wasting time printing an assortment of splitters that work unreliably, buy an A1 Mini AMS Lite Filament Hub for $6 and use it as a splitter. …thank the gentleman who publish this fact in the Bambu Handy model area for splitters.

2 Likes

I love mine. Worked perfectly out of the box. No issues whatsoever.

I have printed a ton of projects. Zero issues here. Have them send you a new printer.

My network is all Unifi. WiFI-6

I just disable 5ghz in the mesh system when connecting a fickle device. Then once it’s connected to 2.4 I re enable the 5ghz band in the router. Usually does the trick for me. Deco m9 with 5 nodes in the house, including a guest network (where I connect all my tvs, bulbs and printer type devices like this)

2 Likes

Don’t think there is such a thing as a perfect 3d printer. Some perform better than others.

If you cant accept this and are unable to troubleshoot issues as they occur, perhaps 3D printing is not for you.

1 Like

Total newbie here. 1st day I spent hours over 2 days trying to communicate local, handy, PC. Printer would appear and connect to internet but always fail connection to devices. Finally, said FI and upgraded SW. Power cycle and has worked since.
Only other issue was a fiber spool was not spinning freely in the AMS.
Very pleased and surprised by quality of prints.

I have UDM also. No issues and am using the client VPN as well as various APs.

Just my .02 cents. I have two of X1, I will say the support can be an issue, but overall I’ve had no issues. Just the standard learning curve. I’m a hobbyist, making parts for my boat or anything else I can dream up of. I started with a Prusa MKs3 +,plus a ton of features that come standard in the Bambu X1. I’ve printed TPU disconnecting the AMS. I had to add octoprint to get the MKS3 send jobs to it. Not for the faint of heart by the way. The multi material for the Prusa is less than elegant , and just about as expensive. I added the enclosure and I think with everything that’s been addd makes just the at printer over 2.2k USD. To add to that does a mediocre job of putting down a first layer. I have an MKS4, slower and was a rush to the market and not that all refined. I just bought an Anycubic Kobra Max 2. I knew the quality would not be the same, but I need some much larger prints and I’m tired of splitting the models. I will say it took days getting it to print something semi decent. Tech support was responsive, but relatively unaware of how the resolve. It turned out to be the rollers on the gantry that were the issue. I figured it myself. This 500 dollars I paid for the printer, require the same effort to get the thing to send print jobs remotely, like the MKS3. despite having WiFi and being able to connect to their app. What I will. Say is this is all a bit new and will require some maturity for the market. I have an XL in order, and I’m intrigued by some of the larger format printers coming to the market. If bambu were to make a large format printer with a heated enclosure, I would get rid of all the rest and stick to them. They currently seem to be the innovation in the market, and that drives change. Sorry you are having issues!

send it back. this printer is not for you. good luck with your future endeavors.

1 Like

hmm you mention older devices, you do know that 2.4 will lock the tech to the oldest device, so if you have old 802.11b devices on that network , newer devices may have issues when they fire up … typically 2.4 gig has a max bandwidth of 54 Mbps per channel however, if you have older B class devices on there it slows it down to the B speeds on the link… that may be why you are having some of the issues you are experiencing. I have the 2.4 from my provider that all smarthome stuff works on , then on band 6 i have my mesh on 2.4 and 5 gig it just floats… that way all the old ■■■■ stays on its own 2.4 network… I worked in the telecom industry for 30 years. Most of the connection issues were from the modem to the device in the home… either router, interference or something generating noise on the network… some took a long time to find, others were like ohh. Also please note that microwaves are the devil child for 2.4 , almost any one of those or older cordless phones when they ring will drop anything connecting on 2.4. Just saying if you typically see issues , those could be possible culprits as well.

1 Like

Let’s not generalize. Support has been flawless for me.

2 Likes

Oh boy. You should reach out to support. Where did you pay $3000 for an X1C? That’s no where near the retail price. Just reach out to support. It’s a technical issue and it sounds like you need some technical expertise.

1 Like

Bambu is good at rectifying issues when you get to talk to them. Creallity? NOPE. They care not once they get you monies… but Bambu stands by their products at least.

The pantelonies were twisted… no way it was that amount.

so many brand new or barely used accounts responding.

I’m still confused by this price. Even with filament and spare parts. You could have purchased two complete X1 combos with AMS for $3K. Maybe I’m missing something or you bought an astounding amount of filament.