Speculation about new printer announcements

Another 5-10% price increase today, chart here updated:

Any other manufacturers announced increases?

I beg to differ about that, however, I won’t reiterate the arguments supporting my opinion on this matter. Suffice to say that the tariffs will definitely have an impact on the exporting countries targeted by the tariffs, rendering the imports more expensive for both the exporters and the importers who relying on them, but ultimately the real impact will be on the end consumer, by having to pay those products (or production materials -like steel or aluminum-) at a much higher price. If one wants to verify this, it only needs to google about the previous trade wars (not necessarily only those launched by the US), their outcome and who had actually paid the heavy price.

[later edit]

Tariffs are, simply put, taxes on certain imported goods, paid by the importer. The goal is to make foreign products more expensive than their Made-In-USA counterparts. This is why people refer to tariffs as “walls” that help “protect” domestic industry from global competition. Let’s consider a simple example. Right now, China quickly and efficiently produces fleets of electric vehicles that are – thanks to the low cost of Chinese labor – a lot cheaper than the Musk’s EVs made in the US. Without tariffs, it would be impossible for US-made models to compete. Since making electric cars was a big goal for the previous administration, Biden put an eye-watering tariff that doubles the price of any Chinese-made import.
The EV example is useful because it demonstrates the difference between Biden’s tariff policies and Trump’s.

Trump has, for the most part, not focused on raising tariffs on particular imported goods but instead on all goods coming from certain countries. Mexico and Canada face across-the-board tariffs; China was already facing 10% tariffs, now doubled to 20%. But raising the prices of all products from these countries doesn’t help develop any particular line of US manufacturing. Tariffs like these are both too broad and too small to make a positive impact on the US economy. A 20% tariff on all Chinese goods most likely make it more expensive for Americans to continue to buy certain things from China. But nothing in the Trump tariffs policy encourages Americans to buy American-made products; they might just as well find a Vietnamese or Thailandese supplier to avoid the tariff while continuing to reap the benefits of cheap labor. Qui prodest ? (Who benefits ?)… As it currently is, definitely not the American consumers.

Probably sarcasm

More letters

Indirectly it may make the Plus 4 the new king, in that it packs the most punch just under the <$800 de minimis tariff exemption…until that too eventually gets rescinded.

The exemption is per shipment, not per item in that shipment, so unless you want to order one directly from China that won’t help.

If you’re someone who does a lot of color changes, you may be interested that the Bambu poops surprisingly less than the K2 Plus, particularly when switching from a dark filament to white, in part because of the K2’s comparatively long hot-end melt zone:

Unfortunately, she’s very monotone in her delivery of information, but offsetting that is she sticks to the facts and observations that she herself gathered. I didn’t notice any particular bias or favoritism one way or the other.

Its a trade off for a longer melt zone (higher flowing nozzle. Possibly why its faster.) That mixed with the 80w heater.

Sorry, i just read your post again. Just now woke up. Somehow missed half of what you said.

Just a heads up, the feb 20th update adjusted flushing volumes. Came after her video. Was a really big update.

Edit:
Good video but you can tell she only prints toys. 90% was talking about color changing. Not sure she even mentioned the heated chamber. I was thinking it was gonna be a comparison video, based on the title.

A fresh look at the plus 4. He does a good job covering everything.

I just got a new idea. What if Bambu Lab releases an A1 Max. It would have a print volume of 320mm. I know a ton of people want a bigger print volume than the standard 256. Maybe BBL could release a printer with the same volume as the Neptune 4 Max. Thoughts?

I see you joined fairly recently so I’ll catch you up on the lore of the large format Bambu printer. Approximately 15 seconds after the X1, X1C and P1P were released people started asking for a large format Bambu printer.

When they started teasing a new printer (A1 Mini) there was much excitement and parties were held around the world for this upcoming printer that everyone was sure would be GIANT. The A1 Mini was released and sadness rained across the land. Women, children and even the most robust men wept openly.

About a year later a new printer was coming. The talk around the water cooler was it was going to be similar to the A1 Mini but the size of a dump truck. Again, people built shrines to Bambu and started collecting aluminum cans to save up money for this glorious flagship printer.

Then the A1 was released. The smell of brimstone filled the air. The gnashing of teeth and wailing was all that could be heard. People were so upset they started setting their A1s on fire and blaming it on the cord!

That catches you up to right now. We’re all waiting with baited breath… I hear the new printer is going to be normal size but I don’t’ believe it. I’ve already had a helipad installed on my roof so I’ll be ready to receive it. It will likely get me in legal trouble as I live in a condo… but it’s all worth it.

Wow, that’s some strong words, but thanks for the catch up. What I did was go to the live chat with BBL support and tell them directly about ideas. Maybe if we get enough people to pester them, we can get a bigger printer than the standard 256.

We’re not going to give up and thank you for making your voice heard. Stephan from CNCKitchen asked Dr. Tao about it in an interview and he did say they are working towards a more advanced X1 XL.

Yeah I forgot about that conversation. They should also release an upgrade kit that adds multichanger tools to compete with the Prusa XL. I know people want that too.

Check out this link and look at the first two 3d logos. Tell me what you think.
https://uspto.report/company/Bambulab-L-T-D

It looks legitimate. I went to the website of the law firm that filed it and they are legit. Their site lists several major companies they do trademarks for.

Hopefully they will announce something soon or at least give us a mysterious photo to analyze or something.


lol. extremely impressive references… Hooters… I’m convinced. Where do I sign?!?

I’m mainly looking at the H2D and Ams2 Pro

i really dislike the giant bed slingers (have the kobra 2 max) i don’t think they’ll go that route, but if that is something you like the kobra 3 max might check all the boxes for you

old news… at least for most of us. Might be new for you though. A secretly taken photo of a mkt flyer, taken in one of Bambu’s subcontractors to print stuff, has been circulated on the forum and on other social media groups. it’s definitely larger than the X1 series, and possibly with a dual head and chamber heater. Hold your horses. Not long until the end of Q1

Yeah, what Drakko said. Here’s the pic he’s talking about… I’m still not 100% sold on if the pic is legit…