Speculation about new printer announcements

Thanks for sharing that. Found their repo GitHub - CNCKitchen/stlTexturizer · GitHub

You’re absolutely right, I was mixing it up with the TPU feed assist module (that I just setup in my h2d) but this is definitely not the same thing, as the images show there is no extruder in the head, it really is a Bowden extruder box

I have to say, this is pretty deflating, x1c was (and still is) one of my favourite printers, I still use it from time to time and it has by far the most amount of print hours from all my printers. I was really excited about an x2c and was hoping it would once again be shaking things up, but this is not it, so it looks like I’m actually going to skip this one, which I never thought i would

Eh, in this era I choose to wait and see for myself. Theres a huge chance that gif was made by marketing via chatGPT. Both of those dont know their ■■■ from an extruder

I’ve not compiled all my thoughts tests and data yet but my initial Feels© about the kobra x is that you should take note of it if you have a soft spot in your heart for affordable cartesian printers. It’s good. I’ve ordered 5 more lol. All 6 cost less than one H2. I’m turning all my A1’s into platechangers and gonna try to explore these as my casual multicolor enabled machines. The time savings is too much to ignore.

edit: it is annoyingly impossible to google for due to the name, which is a drawback of sorts lol

Have you decided on which plate changer you’ll go with?

probably an unwise choice, but im sticking with what I know, and have some of already, Hictop. Buy the 3mf, buy as many packs of screws/cables you need, print the rest. Their software is frustratingly close to good, but real world right now, you still need to edit gcode afterwards. If biqu or whoever ever release one for the a1 proper thatll be the one to look for.

I’m actually disappointed. What is the USP of this printer? Why would anyone choose this over the H2D with TPU feed assist. ? The only thing that comes to mind is possibly competitive pricing but then still there is the snapmaker U1 which is really difficult to beat on price and performance.

I feel like bambu had a 5 year plan and refuse to not follow it. No matter what else happens. All I can do is hope this is year 5 and save my money.

If Bambu were more aggressive, they’d release firmware that for a fee would takeover competitor printers and pull them into Bambu’s ecosystem, where they could be managed by Bambu Handy and Bambu’s printfarm software, etc. Why might that work? Because the software on a lot of those printers is comparatively half-baked (like on the Flashforge I referenced above), even if the hardware is actually decent. In cases where the hardware wasn’t decent, there’d be no firmware–no sense in inheriting hardware headaches from botched printers in an otherwise target rich environment. Bambu would sell more filament, because it mostly releases profiles for Bambu filament, plus a paltry few others to make it look not too obvious.

The U1 is going up to $900 soon. The top cover is $150 from what I have found. The hardened nozzles are $50 each. The Panda Breathe is going to add another $100 on sale. It will only print 4 colors or filaments. So, if you want to print abrasive materials or heated chamber stuff, you are looking at around $1350 or so all in.

Nice and certainly helpful — but one thing is clear: it doesn’t even come close to the texturing capabilities of Blender. Anyone who knows Blender won’t be interested in this at all.

By the way and more for others: Push-pull is mentioned here only as a common industrial solution (a long time ago) — it was mainly of interest (a long time ago) before the toolchanger solved the underlying issues.

I presume this came out today so that it will be included in market watchers’ Bambulab X2D comparisons when Bambulab announces its X2D tomorrow.

The $799 early bird price includes a heated chamber and the dome, so it’s obviously meant to undercut the U1 on price and come stock with the feature U1 doesn’t currently have native. They’re claiming “zero purge waste during material switching.” If it were me, I’d want some kind of drybox enclosures for the spools. Not that you couldn’t DIY something, but it seems like a bit of an oversight not to include it as stock in a “pro” version, as the manufactured cost would be low. Then again if you live in Arizona or Utah or Nevada you may not care.

Bambu Lab X2D: Affordable Dual Extruder 3D Printer for Easy Support Removal | Bambu Lab CA hmmm if only this was released instead of h2d back then

How very odd.

A step backwards and forwards at the same time.

//I dont want to have to choose which filament gets the “good” extruder, lol, those are the kinda choices I want to make on a 1999 plymouth neon

///it does tick off the boxes for things I need but it does so in a really aggravating way, make it uniform and charge 50 bucks more lol

It does have a heated chamber. I didnt think it would. Now I think there will be an X2C, based on the x2d price and also because I think Bambu needs more printers to use the induction nozzles. All they would need to do is remove the aux fan. $100 more than a p2s? Ouch. Pass, but nice for others

Don’t mind the click bait titles

I tend to agree almost 100% with FauxHammer. It is, but actually it isn’t, a Bambu printer…But in any case, except for the chamber heater, the X2D, as a designated successor of the now legendary X1C, doesn’t deliver … and definitely it’s not what I’ve been waiting for from Bambu (nor what I’ve hoping for). And next to the other (stupid and unnecessary) things Bambu decided to implement (forcefeed) in this machine, I think I’m gonna hard pass this one. Oh, well, perhaps the next gen of printers will finally deliver what many of us have been asking Bambu for…or maybe not, in which case, I believe the competition will catch up and even surpass Bambu. Time will tell. I’m in no rush…I can wait.

I too will pass for now, but am watching. Back in the bowden era, autocalibrations also were not a common or well-implemented thing. So maybe matching a bowden that can autocalibrate on the X2d will get it to “passable” every time. C-grade can still be a pass I guess =p

I bet Bambu sells a ton of these X2D’s to people who held off purchasing a P2S.

Clough42 seemed like an even handed review.