Does that look like any of the Bambu labs printer boxes in the past? I know my H2C box didn’t have a image of the printer on the side of the box
Have a look at this post. Though it doesn’t look like a Bambu printer, to me at least, and more of an AI generated image, I cannot rule out the possibility of being the actual thing.

Who would have thought that one inch would make such a huge deal
[Insert “yo mama” joke here]
That low cutter plane on the Kobra X is actually amazing. I think they have made the new gold standard for “single extruder multiple material”. Time will tell how the machine holds up, but that feature is a clear winner. Filament changes are 30-40 seconds between cut and starting to move to the prime tower at 250-400 flush amount. This is a 50-66% time reduction from an AMS lite or AMS 1 on an A1. Mildly less waste too but MAJORLY less time.
The cut has a distinct sound too. There’s like a distinct metallic SCHIIING like you were in skyrim pulling a sword out of a sheath or something. It’s actually kinda badass lol but very different
My A1 Combo has a picture of it all on the side of the box
Edit: looks like microcenter already has x2d’s
That’s the most interest slice, as it only shows a single extruder on the left side and nothing on the right. My original thought that the right would be a bowden extruder is probably true.
Couldn’t find the original conversation, but this was the referenced Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/comments/1plumvo/possible_x2dc_and_upcoming_accessories_leak_in/?share_id=on4Y-4-pC69ibXcXu2Iu0&utm_content=2&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1
Yeah if does seem that the x2d is geared towards having a TPU only right nozzle with the TPU feed assist from factory
Not a very appealing setup for me, I was looking forward to a worthy x1 successor but this doesn’t do it for me, guess I’ll wait for the x2c
You thinking AMS will feed the right? Or something along the lines of the TPU feeder thats mounted externally….besides weight reduction, what are we looking at for improves on a hybrid system like this, or would it be more of a downgrade to fit the chassis that would be looking to reduce print head weight and costs?
I’m hoping that’s an AI hallucination or something. More distance from extruder gear teeth to nozzle is worse for fine control, that’s why Bowden was crap. Not necessarily the tube. Ai maybe just didnt know to render more gears in that spot
And for disambiguation, an assist motor (what the ams has done forever and what this new tpu gadget does) isn’t an extruder - its the wheelbarrow, it’s carrying not doing
I thought the same. Bowden on one side and the feeder doubles as a tpu assist and also a bowden feeder. The feeder is just an extruder in a square housing
Ya’ll think they will repurpose the P2S chassis or widen it (fresh-ish chassis design) to allow for use of the full build plate for both nozzles (tho i’m not sitting in front of my P2S so i cant picture if there is already enough room possibly) but since one side is bowden maybe the head is small enough for both sides to reach the whole bed? I’d hope so cuz theres already a couple negatives that kinda make this not very appealing for me either (specially already having an H2D). My guess is repurposing the P2S chassis
Nevermind, i’m remembering some of those old leaked photos which some originally thought it might be the TPU feeder but its actually prob what feeds the bowden side and heres the photo of the tube just cuz i had that one too. Like i was thinking P2S Chassis with some side windows. My guess pricing will be about $1k or $1250 with AMS though I think it would be better if they could keep it down at $800 or $1050 with AMS
My guess is they use the same extruder thats in the feeder, but use the small white data cable connection thats unused right now, to control it.
Side note.You guys seen this?
If it’s really a bowden extruder setup, it would be the exact opposite and would be horrible for TPU. Unless they managed to figure out some way to make it work? Big reason direct drive extruders became popular is so you could print flexible filaments. I upgraded my Ender3 v2 to a Micro Swiss hotend and direct drive extruder just so I could print TPU. Pushing a soft filament down the PTFE tube will cause it to bind, while pulling it through the tube doesn’t have the same issue. The only reason the TPU feed assist works is that it does a pull and retract process to get it to the print head and then it’s a combination of the TPU assist pushing and the direct drive extruder pulling that make it work without binding.
I’ve seen it when he made the video, but I’ve yet to try out his web application. He makes the texturing process look super easy, so I hope that’s true in real life.
I poked at it, it seems real nice and useful for dressing up basic designs. Which IMO I can only design at a basic level anyways so it’s really useful. “Stripes” for adding strength gussets on flat parts is like, half of what I wrestle with cad doing and this will do it for you if you leave the mesh basic flat shapes. I have not printed anything though, if anyone has real examples.
I encourage them to release this as a standalone application and not a webapp. “Upload your stl” is a nonstarter in a lot of domains. The webapp says it isn’t using it but…
I loathe having to confirm things like this
Edit: nevermind im an idiot, found their repo. Can serve locally via a node/python server.
I wouldnt be surprised if Bambu put something like this on Maker Lab. They recently released that paint app where you can put like painted patterns and stuff, adding quick textures in the same manner would seem logical



