Stuck on self test

came home to a failed print,but this time it was a massive fail.

after installing spare hot-end with nozzle i somehow thought it was a good idea to reset the printer.
now it gets stuck in self test mode when it moves to the poop shoot.
i ordered a brand new complete hot end with thermal and all, hoping this fixes the problem.
because i reinstalled the old thermal i was thinking maybe this is the reason.
anyone have any idea how to get out of the self test??

Wow !!!

The best I can suggest to you is if possible the following

#1 uncouple the bowden tube from the extruder, pull it away from the extruder as much as possible and cut the filament so you can pull the remaining out of the bowden tube

#2 unplug the hotend, front cover light and fan and thermistor

#3 remove your hot end (hopefully its not glued in with that mess of filament)

If the filament is indeed glued in there a heat gun should soften the material up enough to pull most of it if not all of it out of the way enough to remove the hotend being careful not to damage the wires especially the thermistor wires

#4 when you can reassemble the hotend onto the extruder heat the nozzle up and unload the remaining filament

Once everything is back together I would try a simple calibration cube because they are quick and not only show dimensional inaccuracies but also flaws in the walls if there are any

If the printer immediately goes into self test when its powered on let it do a dry run so long as the runout sensor doesn’t cause issues

You may also want to consider changing the filament cutter on the extruder

I’m an X1C owner but the P1P is not many steps behind in its design

A dry run of the self test would be very beneficial but that is where my knowledge ends as we have different HMI’s and firmware so I’m not 100% positive but just throwing out ideas

What a mess you got going on there :frowning:

What a mess… but i think it’s well repairable with Jrock’s tips.

This picture remembers me at a photo someone showed the stainless part fell of the cooling part. It wasn‘t pressed well enough.

thanks for replying but that isn’t the issue, it is now stuck in self-test.
ive let the machine sit for over an hour and it stays in self test.

Did you unplug it and let it sit ?

You might also try and unplug the control kepad as well at the same time

It could also be a damaged wire or pin at the 10 pin connector on your extruder causing a short or break in the circuit

1 Like

Are there any error messages? The cold end fan is easy to damage, it only takes a bit of axle pressure and that fan blade is a perfect place to grip the hotend.

UPDATE:
I ordered the complete hot-end and installed it.
it seems the Ceramic Heater & Thermistor was the problem.
as soon as I installed the hot-end it worked like a charm.

4 Likes
  • I also faced the problem of Stuck on self test
    I bought a used machine from someone in half price but it couldn’t boot into the print. I tried to check every point carefully, unplug every power cable and clean it and put it back. And it worked, I reached the start page.

Then i realize ithis machine is from China!!! another big issue…