Support very, very bad

The brand new printer has not been usable for days. The connector shoe from the hotend thermistor has slipped off. I had NINE TIMES in 2 days with different filaments! Torn filament in the hotend (error message and print abort)

I opened a support ticket with Bambulab two days ago and to date I have not received any response.

I’m returning my printer - it’s defective and I can’t repair it myself without spare parts. After 2 days in operation.

The processing times from the support are UNDERGROUND and not acceptable. I don’t know ANY printer manufacturer worldwide that offers worse support than Bambulab.

1 Like

Hey, I’m sure they will send you a new hotend assembly rather than accept a return. I read through their policy the other day and basically barring a catastrophic failure they don’t accept returns. Seems very strict tbh

I wouldn’t really care. There are unequivocal laws on this in the EU. But bambulab has now finally responded and responded with a link to the detailed disassembly guide. So I was able to fix the problem and have now additionally secured the connector shoe with superglue. And in general, the printer continues to fascinate. With the Anycubic vyper, a few teething problems had to be fixed first. However, the support works far better and much faster.

Yeah I noticed with mine it isn’t great out of the box, so many settings need to be changed for reliable prints, and even then I can print something with the exact same settings the next day and its comes out worse quality. Very inconsistent experience so far, but I’m learning as I go. I had been tempted to return mine until I started figuring some stuff out. Still not happy the rubber sock that covers the nozzle came with a split in it and there isn’t a spare in the box

2 Likes

Yes, the printer is a fascinating beast. Gladly I had no problems with it that required technical support and their wiki is really good with documentation, but they are a really fast growing company that released their first product less then a year ago. There will be growing pains, and support is usually one of these. They sell more machines then they can upgrade the support staff to handle all the requests. I am sure it will get better once they manage to keep up with demand.

2 Likes

Yeah, I tried to put myself in their shoes, new company, new hardware, new software, high demand because of how advanced the technology is (this is the first printer I’ve bought that I technically didn’t need just because of what a leap it is). Take all that into consideration and I can see why they don’t make returning easy, or why maybe they take 3 days to answer support emails. The amount of returns they’d get from issues that are settings related or that a replacement hotend would fix would likely be very high, and those printers would then have to be sold as open box, which would require a whole new arm of the business.

The main thing I was worried about was a warped bed but thankfully mine measures up perfect. Things are only going to get better from here on in, and the core hardware is so good that any advances in software should take things to an even greater level.

1 Like

The days that the excuse being a new company would still be valid are over. They (management) know just to well from own experience in previous poisitions how things work, or have to work. There is a similar discussion here (Support lead time? - #9 by mr1952). There still is a lot of grace from people (as can be seen here from other comments), but that will disappear as soon as these people have their own problem with the printer and support. As soon as people start selling their printers because they are fed up and other companies came up with similar good machines, things will change dramatically. NOW is the time to make it work, not in 6 weeks or so. Competitors are just waiting and sitting on the fence, watching development and seeing this bad support thing with a grin in their face.

1 Like