Support wall loops count is entirely ignored

I’m trying to print a part with a recessed area face-down (to take advantage of the textured PEI plate’s appearance on the finished part) with support filament at the interface layer. It’s been exceedingly difficult to remove. The support filament went straight from the vacuum bag into the AMS when I got it, and the humidity inside the AMS has been ~15% for the entire time (excluding filament changes).

Anyway, I’m trying to increase the top interface spacing from 0mm to 0.5mm to make it easier to remove, but it’s only printing the rectilinear infill pattern without any walls to tie it all together. I have “Support wall loops” set to 3 but it just refuses to create ANY wall loops in the interface layer. I have messed with every setting I can conceive of under “Support” tab but I can’t find anything that will make it generate a wall for this interface:

I’ve double-checked that I do not have any object or part-level overrides applied other than a height-range modifier to increase the layer height through the middle layers of the print (support interface is at the 0.34mm layer though):

1 Like