Text edit shifts text to a random origin point every time it is edited

I think this is a bug, I can’t see any reason why this would be beneficial. I print the objects over and over but with different text on them and I use the text editing feature for simplicity instead of designing in a different software and importing it every time. When I edit the text on an object, any change to that text causes the text to shift to a random origin point. It seems to be the same point every time but it is not centered or aligned with anything on the object. Some text objects also change rotation by 90°. Every time I type a new text or change the text size this happens. I do this dozens of times a week so I’m wondering if there’s an explanation of why it shifts or if this is truly just a bug.

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well and it’s absurdly annoying. I found that the text has an origin that is picked in the beginning of creating it, and if you change that position at all, then after a text character edit, the text goes back to the first place you selected. I am trying to customize names on my prints, but when I go to change the text names one character at a time, which is necessary for what I’m doing, I have to rotate half, since the default orientation of the text can’t be altered until after I pick a first origin. I think the software is dumping the added changes when the text characters are edited. should be a very simple bug to fix.

When I’m not trying to do something original, this beast X1C and Bambu Studio are still magic, so please don’t take my added urgency to this topic as a loss in sentiment. I know you guys got this and we are in good hands. Of late it’s been a bit of a Socratic feel of things, as in the more I know I can do, the more I realize I can’t do squat. Mo’ prints, mo’ problems. Still good problems to have, all in all. I also wish my blood pressure agreed with that more.

I just noted an additional detail. The text object shifts back to the origin after ANY change to the text. I just changed the font size and it flipped over on me.

1 Like

Yeah, when you change any parameter about the text it reverts. Pretty obnoxious! I use this feature so much, and it’s extremely arduous and repetitive

1 Like

I just discovered the solution, OrcaSlicer. That app does not jump around when you edit altered text. The downside is that it’s treated as a part, so you don’t get the quick calculation for the depth and thickness over the surface you want to put it on by just clicking the surface.

I’m just getting into using orcaslicer. I like it better so far, but im now having issues editing the text at ALL, it doesn’t seem like the text is changeable? Normally I’d right click on the text object in the “objects” list, then click “edit text.” I don’t even see that option now in Orca? Am I missing something?