The Cutter is Stuck Error

Hi All,
I removed and unclogged my extruder. Ever since, I have been getting the message “The Cutter is Stuck.” I checked the Wiki, but I can’t figure out what the problem is. I’ve read this is not uncommon. Any ideas to clear the error message?

Steven

Steven you can look at the inside of the cutter lever and make sure the small magnet is still in the lever. It could be stuck on the hall sensor that is mounted on the side of the extruder. That is part of the clear section. If it is glue it back in the lever. That should clear your errors.

Other than rechecking the connections. It might be a bad TH(tool head)pcb

And waiting on support to get back with you.

1 Like

Hi Barry,
Thanks for all your suggestions. I checked, but the magnet is still in place on the cutter. -Steven

@ssimak, I had this too some weeks ago after cleaning the extruder. I tried anything mentioned in wiki or in forum, but nothing helps. At least the cable of the filament sensor was broken (a very small crack). I think it happend on the assembling of the extruder. I contacted Bambu Lab support and got a new filament sensor. Since then all is working again. :smiley:

Thanks for the info. I mangled the cable quite a bit, getting the tape off and back on. I will give that a try. Many thanks! -Steven

Well, I replaced the sensor cable. That solved the cutter error message. Now, I have a new message: “HMS_0300_0300_0001_0001 The speed of the hotend fan is too slow or stopped.” Where is the hotend fan located? Is it on the front case that is held by the magnets? Thanks! -Steven

Update - I found the hotend fan. Maybe the cabling got damaged when I was fixing the extruder. Been having a lot of problems with this printer so far. Hope I didn’t get a lemon.

Your printer is most likely fine. Those connecters can be a little finicky.
Make sure the cable is routed correctly and seated correctly. Don’t push to hard.
Heat up hotend to 100 and see if it turns on.If not turn printer off and reseat the cable at the connector again. Keep repeating. It will work. You can leave the front cover off and see if the fan is spinning

definitely, same on my side

I tried reseating the cable many times with no luck. I am going to replace the fan. Hopefully, that does the trick. Thanks!

I removed hot end and extruder and got this cutter is stuck error. eventually traced it back to the connector going to the extruder was placed too far to the right of the socket. so the connector has two rows of pins. I put the left side male row into the right side female socket if that makes any sense. repositioned the connector into the socket properly and the printer seems to run fine. they must have expected this to happen if it didn’t damage the circuitry.

My recommendation to have good eyes, good lighting and a magnifying glass when working with the extruder components.

2 Likes

My issue was that the little flat connector was offset, so only one row of pins was plugged in. Terrible design. The connectors should be keyed.

Where is the magnet?

Also, printed the riser and installed LED strips. Makes a huge difference when working on the printer.

I just had this issue the other day too, and yes, the connector was off. It was a real head scratcher for awhile because I kept taking apart and fiddling with the cutter. Then fortunately I came across this thread and read @dingchow 's comment. In their next line of printers, Bambu really needs to use better connectors. It wouldn’t matter if these printers were as reliable as the inkjet printer on your desk, but the technology isn’t there yet. It seems every other day I am getting out the screwdriver.