Unlikely.
The screen requires additional hardware in the printer, a second circuit board.
The print head is a brand new design and requires additional clearance by the looks of things.
Unlikely.
The screen requires additional hardware in the printer, a second circuit board.
The print head is a brand new design and requires additional clearance by the looks of things.
If you had waited you would then wait for the potential X2C upgrade to see if that was worth it.
You will never benefit if you don’t jump in and buy.
There will always be better.
You should see some of the horrific older printers I had.
I will not swap my four P1S printers out for the P2S.
If I live long enough, I may buy one, but five excellent and perfectly working Bambu Lab printers are doing me proud right now.
Price is relative. I purchased mine recently for the same price as the P2S now. Ergo same price is closer to the x1c than to the p1S. So yes I got a bad deal. Nevertheless I like my p1s. Lowering the price over the year has nothing to do how I feel. I am only saying that only 5 weeks and I could have gotten a better printer for the same price. That is all.
These are all welcome features. However, the lack of an upgrade path for early loyal adopters and the 519 € price (about $600 USD today) leave us no reason to stay in the Bambu ecosystem. Just like the X1 and P1 lines, there are no upgrade kits or trade-ins, so past customers are again cast aside. The forced reliance on Bambu Connect and the Cloud, with no assurances of continued LAN-Only support, remains as restrictive as ever. Those factors only confirm I’m done with Bambu, and I’m telling everyone I know why.
100%
Is the exclusion zone on the front left corner still there?
You might be seeing a lot of P1S’s showing up on eBay …
No, they moved where the cut occurs and how it works.
I believe the entire 256x256 is now accessible.
I am less bothered by the lack of upgrade path.
Just dumbfounded as they are leaving so much money on the table.
Not all upgrades would be possible, the 5” screen can’t be as it requires an additional board outside of the display.
The A1 (not mini) 3.5” screen would have been possible though.
I was hoping they were going to do exactly what the Panda Touch did and communicate with the printer through wifi… the only difference would be the Bambu version wouldn’t be blocked by access control. That way it could be added to the previous printers and really control the printer from anywhere in your house. A guy can dream…
So, then… Where’s my X2C?
Or more to the point… where is my H2C? ![]()
I believe the Panda touch ones use Nextion screens.
They have the additional circuit board as part of the LCD package. They have SD card slots that deal with the firmware updates (not via the printers).
They are nice to play with as you create all the UI as images and upload packages that you reference using IDs directly on the board, mire line a web page than the traditional way of updating the panel.
Ordered one. Will the plates from P1S be compatible with the P2S ? As I have just received them and not used them even once.
And a head - which I can always return. ![]()

They should be.
They are the same size.
The AR marker used to identify boards on the X series has been changed to be more visible, but shouldn’t be a limiter as they must have backwards compatibility.
Even if there are issues, you can disable the detection.
Mine were for the P1S - dunno what XPA plates means.
Or do they mean, that it is the X series, P series and A series ? as in P1s and A1 or A1 mini ?
THank you.
Thanks, it would make sense for them to keep the backwards compatibility, as for the moment, they might be idiots like me who wants them but they are not available for the P2S yet - or at least haven’t seen them popping out.
Do I still need a hub to connect multiple AMS ? I use two P1S printers with two AMS each (Ams1 and ams2), and I’m wondering if switching to a P2S will mean I’ll have to throw away the hub. I don’t plan on buying the P2S Combo; I’ll just wait until the single version is released…