The Icon, Redefined — Meet the P2S

so many youtube “reviews” to go through now :slight_smile: looks good, i don’t think i’ll get one though, i suspect the x1c will also get a refresh, and that might be more interesting

From what I have seen, the combo version comes with one AMS pro and it has the possibility to connect 2 AMS units from stock. But I might be wrong. Should you want to connect more units, I am sure they will come up with a hub which is not backwards compatible :smiley:
We will see what is going to come next, I have ordered one. See when it comes.

You will not need a hub.

If you have seen the way the H2 series connects, they use lots of 4-in-1 adapters.

If you are hooking up any number of AMS, AMS 2 Pro or AMS HT to the P, X or H2 series, one or more 4-in-1 adapter will work.

thanks for clarifying that.

If I only want to watch one “review”… which would you recommend?

I have seen 4 of them. None of them looked honest to me. They all looked a bit false, a bit chatgpt-ish, using big words and communicating what we have already knew. Ok, it is better, we have the specs and we have seen that it is doing.
We need real life review. Using it for 1 month or so, that is when someone can say precisely that is up to the game or not.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is mine - please do not “keal” me.

I have one AMS-1 and one AMS-2 connected to each printer. I understand that this four-in-one adapter is standard with the P2S printer (I don’t plan on buying the Combo P2S, just the printers themselves).

It isn’t standard, by that I mean, it isn’t supplied with the P2S.

A new 2-port hub is provided with the combo variant of the P2S. You could plug two AMS units (any except the AMS Lite) or one plus an external spool before having to connect anything else to allow access.

If you plan to purchase a P2S without the AMS (no combo), you can connect both your existing AMS and AMS 2 Pro should you desire.

if only one, i’d probably watch when aurora tech publishes hers, not the most entertaining, but at least she always runs the exact same tests, so you can see in a bit more objective way

I have an option to buy a X1C for the same price of P2S now, which one do you pick if you were in my shoes?

You didn’t ask me, but for what it is worth…

Unless you specifically need the chamber heater and the filtration system, the P2S is the better of the two.

well i have a bit of a soft spot for the x1c, really love it, still use it quite a lot, and i do have quite a few other printers, but if it was now i would be tempted to go for the P2S mainly for the easy nozzle swaps, i hate having to mess with wires and screws to switch between nozzles

Oh no that’s the one that convinced me to buy my cursed Ender 3 S1 Pro!

I’m new to 3D printing and I just used PLA so far but I don’t want to miss ability of printing ASA, the only thing makes me think twice is that I’m not sure how toxic is ASA if print in my office room in my house?

It can stink, as does ABS, less now though than historically.

I would leave it to it and vent the room after printing. After because you need a stable ambient temperature.

If you are new to 3D printing, you probably only need PLA, PETG & TPU while you get comfortable.

ASA, ABS, Carbon and Glass Fibre filaments are for specific uses that most of the time are achievable using PLA, PETG & TPU.

Chamber heater and a rear exhaust fan and hopefully they will release a kit for P2S :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I heard about HT-PLA from Polymaker which can resist on higher temperatures, do you think it can be somewhat close to ASA?

I’m not planning on getting new AMSs, as I already have four. Two per printer, and I assume that if I buy the version without the combo, I’ll need to add a Filament Buffer (according to the description on the bambu website), and from what I can see in the photos, it has two PTFE tube input slots… So it should support two AMSs…

What did you expect after He Who Must Not Be Named raised the tariff rates on Chinese goods to the current rate of 57.6% (source: Peterson Institute for International Economics, September figures) and recently threatened to “impose a Tariff of 100% on China, over and above any Tariff that they are currently paying”?

OH MY GOD.
THERE WERE SO MANY DANG HINTS

  • The P1S and P1P’s prices were sliced in half
  • The P1 tech was getting hella outdated
  • I was requesting Bambu to make the P2 series due to how janky P1 is compared to A1 and H2 series

Let me guess, the H2 series nozzle will be the standardized bambulab nozzle? it works with both H2, A1, and now, the P2. This is hella insane.