The Nozzle temperature is abnormal; the heater is over temp [0300 0200

Error: The Nozzle temperature is abnormal; the heater is over temperature
[0300 0200 0001 0003 0953 18]

The printer is only a few months old and has only printed about 40h total. This failure started happening today on a PETG model, at a very similar location each time. I changed to another model in PETG and it failed on that one as well – so likely not some weird GCODE error about that one model, IMHO.

There are no filament changes at all (all one filament). The part cooling fan (the one visible from the front) appears to be running all the time, and regulating its speed. It goes about 5 or 6 layers and stops right in the middle (just finished the bottom walls and a few layers into infill).

I watch it and don’t see any obvious issues as it prints, other than stopping with this error.

I’ve heard of some temp sensing/thermocouple issues referred to, but nothing matching exactly… not sure what I should do next… change out the hot end? If that works, what was wrong in the existing one?

Has anyone else experienced this?

David

Check your hotend connectors. If all is ok, send a ticket support to Bambu Lab, it’s possibly the little PCB with connector who is problematic. Bambu Lab will change it if it’s that. Bambu Support is reactive. 3 days to answer, but after it’s really fast.

Don’t buy or modify anything before asking to Bambu, you have a warranty and Bambu respect their contracts

Similar issues: Nozzle Temperature Incorrect (Over/Under Temp)

I was curious, did you ever get this sorted out? If I were to guess, it’s either a malfunction or possible a product of the temps chosen. Printing near the limits (300C and 110C) can be an issue for over-temp readings. Sometimes a printer will super cool the bed or hot end with the part fan (or aux fan) and as soon as the fan is off the heated bed (layers build up high enough) or hot-end the heating element continues to try and overcome the fans which can lead to an overshoot in temps and fail the print. I tend to leave a little leeway to account for a small overshoot.

I reflowed the solder on the front board, replugged everything, and it worked, then swapped nozzles, it was shitty again, and more plug cycling and it worked.

I’m thinking the connectors aren’t ideal. :slight_smile:

They sent me a new rear board (not sure it’s the right one - labeled “single red laser”), we’ll see what it goes but I don’t have high hopes there. Generally it’s just getting stuff plugged in so you get lucky and hoping that doesn’t change.