Third party textured build plates for the Bambulab X1C

If you print PETG on the PEX sheet, do pay attention to this:

******** PETG has the tendency to bond to PEX, we highly suggest using a glue stick as a barrier when printing PETG on standard settings. For more on how to print PETG on the PEX build surface without glue, please read this guide thoroughly, adjust your slicer settings, and print this test cube in a corner to see if your PETG releases or bonds too well.

3 Likes

Thanks for your post. Would you please expand a bit as to why you love it over textured plates? i.e. for what reasons?

1 Like

I prefer the smooth finish over the textured one is the main reason. I love it over the Bambu Labs plates because I don’t have to use glue stick on it. On my other printers with the texture plates, there has been adhesion problems every so often.

1 Like

I have bought two double sided plates from Super 3D on AliExpress, one with smooth PEO and one with smooth PEI surface. Both have a textured PEI surface on the other side.
They are working perfectly on both sides and give a beautiful surface on the first layer. I have no problems with adhession. They are working like the original textured PEI plate. I like them. :grinning:

1 Like

Top PEO Smooth :grinning: :+1:

From reading the reports of people who have tried it, many report liking garolite better than any other bulid surface, regardless of the filament type being printed.

It’s still very early days for me, but I’m now test driving some cheap garolite G10 using just a few bits of tape to hold it in place:

If it proves out as well for me as it has for the others, then I’ll upgrade to a more proper garolite build plate that holds down with magnets.

I have a bunch of aftermarket plates and most of them are better then stock bambu. I have Juupine in PEI smooth and textured as well as PEO, PET, PEY, H1H etc. They are all great for different bottom layer finishes. Recently I just picked up new PEA ultra smooth plate from Energetic and it gives a finish very similar to glass plate, super reflective and smooth. Adhesion is great but slightly worst then smooth PEI. You can pick most up on Aliexpress for $15-30

My favourite plates are

1. Smooth PEI - for challenging project that need ultimate grip
  2. PET - for nice carbon fiber look
  3. Textured PEI - for general projects that do not have problems with adhestion
2 Likes

I concur that Garolite/G10 is a near-ideal plate surface for anything where you’re not looking for a specific texture. I use my Lightyear plates (I have two) for the majority of my printing, but sometimes use a textured PEI plate.

2 Likes

On the PET carbon fiber finish look. I’m having trouble printing with PLA
It’s not sticking to the plate
I’ve had a couple of prints stick and finish and some not so great. Any settings you recommend ?

Yes the adhesion is not the best… i mainly print stuff that has a large flat bottom area on it, like cases for handheld video games. I do it on stock settings, but you can try bumping the plate temp to 65. Also if its brand new, wash it with water and a little soap.

Greetings, Bambu Community,

I’m excited to share a fantastic discovery for enhancing our 3D printing experiences: the Fysetc PEI plate from AliExpress, at a price of 11 EUR.
Alternative link if first one not in stock.

This plate has become an indispensable part of my printing setup, and here’s why:

• Authentic Surface: The texture of this PEI plate flawlessly mirrors the original, providing the ideal surface grip for prints. It features a textured finish on both sides for added durability and flexibility.
  • Superior Adhesion: The adhesion quality is comparable to the original plates, ensuring your prints stay put. I find that using 3dlac occasionally (about once every 10-20 prints) works wonders in maintaining its effectiveness.
  • Optimal Thickness: Its thickness is on point with the original PEI plates, crucial for consistent and reliable print quality.
  • Detail-Oriented: The inclusion of a painted QR code adds a touch of authenticity and matches the original textured PEI plates in every aspect.

After my initial purchase exceeded expectations, I quickly ordered two more to ensure I was always prepared.

For context, I’ve also tried other surfaces:

• The IdeaFormer GOLD plate has a reliable textured side but unfortunately, the smooth side is prone to scratches. It’s the only one I returned. Find it here: Amazon Link
  • The Joupine GOLD PEI plate is acceptable with 3dlac but lacks the desirable thickness and QR code: AliExpress Link
  • The Energetic textured gold PEI plate closely resembles the original in texture but lacks the QR code, which I find to be a significant detail: AliExpress Link for Energetic
  • The Original Bambu Lab gold PEI plate - as the benchmark, but also needs some 3dLAC sometimes: Bambulab PEI PLATE

Among these, the FYSETC PEI plate from AliExpress stands out as the best option for those seeking a high-quality, reliable build surface that closely mimics the original. It has certainly won my recommendation! Not on stock at moment of posting but I believe they will restock.

Happy Printing,

3 Likes

Nice find, but the link already says it’s no longer available. And you posted only just 4 minutes ago!

Yes indeed. I saw this but I hope they will restock. Here is an alternative link

Those 3 plates, noted from 1 to 3 are my Fysetc plates.

That Juupine Textured build plate how well does that work for you. I have trouble getting adhesion compared to the Bambu textured plate. It seems thinner. How do u compensate for it being thinner?

There is no need to compensate - the printer will self-adjust for that. I have several third-party textured plates, and they all work fine. Textured plates, by design, have somewhat less adhesion than smooth plates. Wash the plate with dish soap and warm water.

2 Likes

Thickness does not matter. Bambu printers self calibrate for any thickness. I use 3DLac spray for adhesion. I spray once in a while after a good clean with soap and hot water. I print PLA at 55 celsius.