Plus, depending on the card socket, they also suffer from being flung across the room, never to be found again!
And not even options, what about simple reliability? You can’t beat at least one hardwired interface for reliability of connection, and with later ESP32s (if they are using similar system design) USB support is essentially “free”, so yes, why not?!
Yeah I don’t really get it - an RJ-45 port isn’t expensive, nor is a little bit of local disk storage.
But it does go right along with the “Apple” way of doing business - do it our way or not at all. “You didn’t really need that feature, did you? Because we’re removing it!”
Thanks… I just hadn’t bothered going back to see if there was any mention of the main processor… nice! Hm, even more reason to wonder why not populate USB client mode or Ethernet support…
There is a little more to that story though… ports on phones were also removed in the quest to make things thinner, lighter, water/dustproof… There comes a point at which a manufacturer has to determine whether the bulk of their target audience wants something like a headphones jack, or a removable battery… I know as time has gone on I prefer the convenience of Bluetooth audio even though my phone does have a jack, but I do appreciate the fact the jack is still there. Lack of removable battery is more annoying to me personally.
What? And miss out on the opportunity to spin completely invalid (or perhaps valid?) theories about what it may or may not have? Is this not still the Bambu Labs community forum, or am I hallucinating?
I was going to write a further rant about how their “quest” to make things as thin as possible has caused more problems and required more compromises than it solved, but it got too off topic. But yeah, I know there are some trade offs. It’s also annoying that we ended up with so many copycats, leaving little choice left.
But I’m past the point where I even care about anything mobile, I just avoid it as much as I can now. If that’s what people want - whatever.
Hm, I suppose I could add blue tooth to my Ipod classic but the jack works pretty good. I have hung a BT dongle from it on occasion. I doubt if I could transfer all 17,000 songs to my phone. and I don’t think my vuzix glasses would connect to it for watching movies I have ripped.