Ticking sound when loading filament ?!

Hi,
The printer was printing just fine, and one failed print after at15%, I thought the supports may have displaced or I forgot to put supports in some over hangs areas.

so I tried printing another part at different orientation, and the filament didn’t come out of the extruder

As you can see in the video. I can hear this ticking sound, and the yellow gear tries to turn.

When I tried to load the filament. nothing came from the nozzle.

Could someone please tell me what’s going on. looks serious to me. I hope the printer isn’t broken

I feel so stressed out now , your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

Khaled

seems like there is some filament stuck in your extruder. I don’t even see the gear moving → that is where the sound comes from. it’s blocked. you need to disassemble the extruder. may have a look at the wiki for doing this. I will fetch the link for you:

you need to get the extruder out from the head and then disassemble it. it’s pretty simple. and no worries - your printer isn’t damaged.

Thanks a lot

Hoooeeee, it turns out I’ve just encountered my 1st clogged nozzle. I’m so grateful The nozzle was unclogged using the information and videos from this Wiki.

but Now I wonder if clogging could affect the gears, and motor of the extruder.

I now know that it’s unavoidable, but I hope it doesn’t reduce the life span of gears

Now I’m back to printing …

I’ve also did the cold clean method a few times

Thank you very much

Khaled :slight_smile:

1 Like

yehaaa :slight_smile: :partying_face: the wiki really has a lot of information and already helped me a lot.

regarding the gears → you can buy the hardened ones (which are default in x1c) and switch to them if you have doubts regarding the lifetime:

Thank you very much for the advice, I think it’s well worth it

I’ve had hundreds of clogs (never print marble PLA). I’m still on my original drive gear after 2500 hours.

Sorry for the late response … I’m not very active in here … but this is really good to hear … I hope mine last as long …

Thank you