Update for the A1 Heatbed Recall in Europe

Yup. After sending the pictures I’ve received the confirmation from support early in the morning around 5:00 and the discount code (129 Є) around 15:00. I’ve also already used it, so can confirm that everything was fine.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I’m sure it makes others in Europe a little happier to know the system works, it does me.

1 Like

Did you have to spent it all in one go? Someone else on the forum mentioned this.

Yes. That’s also correct. The message from sales described the code as follows: one time use, active for 3 months, can be used to purchase any products available on the Bambu Lab official web store, can be only used with e-mail address You’ve obtained it on.

1 Like

From UK🇬🇧

New bed arrived yesterday, fitted which took about 20mins, took 3 pictures which I added to the original ticket, got confirmation they had the pictures last night, voucher received this morning, spent this morning :joy:

All done and back up and running (not that I stopped :wink:) no mention of testing independently etc…

Happy Days :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Yes of course :face_with_peeking_eye: rest assured, they will resolve the problems :wink: but not now

Thank you - this is all I wanted (not sure if it was in this thread or another.)

I’m confident I can safely repair - I just didn’t want any comeback!
so I followed the link and even taken a PDF copy! :dotted_line_face:

just waiting for the parts

Hi y’all,

Received notification that my replacement heat bed is underway, so it seems I can begin the replacement process soon. I will post 1 or more updates here on the repair itself as well as the interaction with BL and the voucher claim in regards to the ‘checked by an electrically skilled’ statements (I live in the Netherlands).

Let’s see how this will end. Fingers X-ed folks.

1 Like

Hi I did mine this week in UK had no major problems
With it …

Received the new heatbed wednesday. Replaced it today within 30 minutes. No issues. You just need to fiddle a bit to get the thin control wires around the screw mount and secure it with tape. Took the photo’s and uploaded them to support. Let’s see how this one evolves…

Also got the heatbed, replaced very easily, works fine. Shared photos, got the voucher, nothing more asked. I’m un the EU, but apparently my country isn’t on the list of that security norm. Anyway my gues is they’re just sending out the vouchers if the installation photos are correct. Got myself a bunch of filament and a hotend ordered :+1:

Sent the photo’s on saturday, got a response on monday and received the voucher on tuesday. Ordered some filament, hotends and a dual PEI/Smooth plate :slight_smile:
Case closed for me - good luck to those who are still waiting!

1 Like

Is there any new information on the status of the heatbed replacement? I’m still waiting for my new heatbed. BBL is not responding to any of my support requests. The end of March is long gone. It’s almost mid-May and I have no idea what I can do to finally get my replacement.

From UK I ordered an A1 for my young family in/through Canada. A recall notice appeared on the LCD and I am not happy with your lack of progress.
Canada Safety Recall shows nothing.
search_api_fulltext=BAMBULABS
Are you aware that by not alerting Canada you could be in criminal fault.
I suggest that you personally take a new unit and drive 28 minutes to North Van. Now!

2 Likes

This call back was issued back in February. When did you purchase your printer? This only pertains to printers sold before January 30, 2024.

The A1 from Burnaby BC office was shipped on or about 7 May 2024 to North Vancouver BC Canada.
My family got the recall message on the LCD.
Your info seems out of phase with reality.
Manufacturers must report recalls but Canada knows nothing about this.
I have asked for an investigation.

Well the good news is that your printer isn’t included in the callback. It already has the new heated bed installed. You have nothing to worry about. The message on the LCD was probably triggered with a firmware update.

I hope you are correct, but, if I had organised this, new printers would have had a firmware flag to say they are post-recall so the message wouldn’t appear.

It would be easy and wouldn’t be affected by future firmware updates.

I can understand the concern.

In an ideal world, BL failed to provide the most basic of firmware flags to guard against showing an irrelevant recall notice. This would show one level of incompetence.

Otherwise, new printers are being shipped and they all continue to show the recall despite being unaffected.

In the worst case, somehow, older affected printers are still being supplied.

Yes but to demand that someone personally drive a replacement printer to your house is a little far fetched.

I was only talking about the firmware possibly not having a means to determine if an A1 is affected and the annoying situations that arise from that.

Until you quoted the demand I hadn’t noticed it.

Obviously, not.

The concern I raised was to the lines immediately preceding it.