Update for the A1 Heatbed Recall in Europe

No, that is for EU/UK customers ONLY. Read the email again.

The email also does NOT say the voucher will be sent after the safety test.

Did i deliberatly leave that part out ?
Our technical support team will assist you in verifying the correctness of the installation and provide you with the voucher code.

To me that means once you have sent the 3 pictures and the BL tech are happy you have done it the same as their instructions then they release the voucher.

2 Likes

As per my earlier post, it looks like BS EN 50678 has been withdrawn in the UK and therefor canā€™t be complied with.

https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/projects/2018-02395#/section

2 Likes

or any applicable local equivalent standard

We seem to have our wires crossed here. I was specifically saying the only people who had their beds were US customers. US customers are not affected by the safety test requirement therefore we dont know if EU customers actually need the test to get their voucher or not because Bambus email is not clear.

Me to, but their emails have been ambiguous before and they dont always say what they mean.

Perhaps europe confused you ?

https://forum.bambulab.com/t/a1-recall

Um, what are you talking about? I really dont think you understand what Ive said here.

Stop attention seeking the thread clearly states europe the email clearly states after verification youve been wrong about every claim and threads really dont need bumping with irrelavent comments ,

OK so you have misunderstood what Ive said. Dont comment if you cant read.

Just an FYI, all the users who have fitted their beds in this thread and others are from the US and not subject to the safety test, just the photos. The email is NOT clear if you need the safety check to get the voucher or not if you in the EU. There are Reddit threads also asking this and no one knows.

We have asked BL representatives and they havenā€™t answered.

1 Like

I have requested information on how to now return my printer for a refund, did so on 12/04/2024, but it has been ignored, and they are now sending out a new bed.

1 Like

Same for me (customer in Germany): would have never taken ā€œrepair myselfā€ knowing i have to get it certifiedā€¦ since no safety classification is given with the printer (neither any documentation!!!) no regular certification service will process my request, as this would require them breaking the lawā€¦

Donā€™t you have a sticker with all cerfications below the printer?

Based on my example Iā€™d say thatā€™s the case. Iā€™ve replaced bed yesterday, sent 3 pictures only and received 2 messages from Bambu today - one from support stating that Iā€™ll obtain discount code and few hours later the code itself from sales. The form was not mentioned in either of the messages.

1 Like

Itā€™s not worth answering, asking for help or creating tickets because they donā€™t even respond. Customer support 0

2 Likes

Could you please let us know that you have received your discount code, gives us all hope that it works.
Thanks

Is it possible to send my A1 back and ask for a replacement?
how long would it take before I get a replacement A1?

They are ignoring my question too.

Which authorities jurisdiction the consumer protection in EU? I considering to report the one sided change on the terms and the no answering to the tickets problem.

1 Like