VOTE: Feature Request (Suggestions for Improvement)

This was a great pole. Interesting to see what other people also want added to their printers.

A feature that wasn’t on there that I would love to see is a warning if the GCode is for the wrong printer.

I would like to see Bambu Studio updated to support the new scarf joints that Orca slicer seems to be using.
The ability to remove items from the SD card from the touch screen, not just models but videos etc.
Camera Upgrade or Module to replace the camera to support better cameras.
Ability to trigger an external camera via wifi perhaps within Bambu Studio, Maybe it could use GCode position for it’s trigger. This would allow for a camera hooked to the PC to take time lapse
Better Error Code explanations within Bambu Labs Studio.
Just a few ideas
M1

1 Like

Available now in the beta version.

Lots of other new features, too.

1 Like

Turning off the hotend and AMS lights during sleep mode

1 Like

OK here is one of my biggest issues with Studio, all the temp cycles and over temps. For example I set my filament to generic PLA, I go into the settings and set a high at 230 and the low temp at 215 for example. Why then does the printer run the temp to 250c during it’s purge? That creates a smoking rock of filament that’s going to the purge bucket. I’m wondering if it’s leaving hard particles behind in the hot end.

Also why are there so many heat cycles for bed and hot end? I’d like to see those all stay stable. Probing the bed at a lower temp than what your going to print at seems like it could create a less accurate mesh. You would think that probing with the hot end and bed at temp would create a much more accurate mesh.

Thanks
M1

Multi - Material combined printing without crazy workarounds that result in non optimised material print.
Tagging in NVNDO

Best described Here

and Here

Above all else, this unlocks a powerfull ability to produce amazing functional parts much more easily.

Support for USB Ethernet LAN Adapter. Not everybody wants to use WLAN

4 Likes

I have done exactly this and much simpler and quicker (labeled my AMSs and turned off identification of filament on startup). the RFID is great but the ability to add / modify the RFID would be great. also, one last thing is the make the build plate ID code more visible to the Lidar. the plates come from BL with hardly any contrast in colours in the cade at all.

2 Likes

Please add an export function of the Printing History data as shown in Bambu Handy.
Export: Date, Time, Printer name, Print name|Title, Print Time, Filament type, Material weight, Succes|Canceled.
Format: CSV file.

We have a number of printers and need to split the cost of filament across users.
Copying the data by hand is a pain.

1 Like

Folder support on the SD card. The lack of this feature drives me nuts.

I have a couple of suggestions
1 editable folders and support for filament types with sub folders
example: PLA, Generic, Silk, Hyper, Carbon Fiber etc.
Then be able to create multiple variations within said folders for Brand, Temperature, Speed etc. This would help with creating the ability to load only the filament you want per project, filament even within a brand can have different temp requirements, so being able to fine tune individual profiles might help.

Fix the annoying problem that if you download a model and project from MarkersMarket when you go to send said file to the printer and your in LAN only that you get a error message and it fails to upload . So far the only way I’ve found to fix this is taking the printer out of LAN only and connecting your phone. Very Annoying because the error message gives you no clue as to what the problem is. I really don’t want my machine hooked to the cloud.
Thanks
M1

Add a support that Will put a single layer at the top of supports that is a different material than the rest of the support example: I am printing in PLA and I want support in PLA except for the top layer of the support I want to be in PETG. The benefit is that the print will be faster and less waste.

You can already do that. It’s called interface layer.

3 Likes

But I don’t think the 2 materials will stick together so it might cause an issue with that single layer not adhering to the support.
Thanks for the tip on the interface layer though
M1

Send print to ALL printers…

The latest Beta has Send to Multiple Devices.

https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/software/bambu-studio/multi-device-management

3 Likes

Oh… that looks really interesting!
I dont have that beta tho…

Will this feature be included in the next BS update? :space_invader:

Yes, that’s generally how beta’s work.

I would like the printer to verify which build plate is installed before heating the bed

I think it would be best if that was the very first thing the printer does before anything else in the print cycle. Reason: I’ve lost count how many times I’ve sent a print and I had the wrong build plate installed, then I have to change it out and wait for the bed to cool down or re-heat.

1 Like

I’ve not had this problem myself, but it seems like a good suggestion. If nothing else, maybe it could check after it starts heating up the plate, since it’s doing nothing but wait around then anyway.

It might be that it simply doesn’t know where the top of the build plate is until it does the original homing. If you watch to see the height from which it approaches the z-axis homing, this indeed seems to be the case. And it doesn’t want to do that homing until after the build plate heats up to whatever temperature it’s going to, because it wants the most accurate height of the plate possible while in actual use. That might make it less obvious how to do it then without introducing delays into what is already a long process.

That said, sure go ahead and ask for it.