VOTE: How has your Bambu Customer Support experience been?

If you have requested customer service within the previous 90 days, how has your experience been?

• GREAT: I used and am happy with the customer service I received.
  • POOR: I tried to use customer service but the resolution process was poor.
  • SLOW: I found the response times to be slow (4 to 7 days)
  • TERRIBLY SLOW: I found the response times to be terrible (7+ days)
  • NONE: Customer service never solved my problem, I gave up.
  • OK: The customer service experience was OK. Not good and not bad.
  • HASSLE: Customer Service unnecessarily hassled me, making the process quite cumbersome.
0 voters

Mine are from mid August and mid October, so over the 90 days you ask for but i still want to give my feedback: Flawless in my experience [EU Support - Hardware related].

Had 2 tickets and both were resolved within 3ish days each. Shipping was 1 day on top ( i live “close” to the warehouse)

Haven’t had the need to open a hardware related ticket since. I did open a ticket on makerworld which was quite sluggish but it wasn’t something i was personally affected by.

In my opinion, you should have two separate polls, one for service time, (how long were response times) and one for service experience (was your problem resolved professionally and politely). It seems like your current polling mixes the two, and it may bring clarity to parse them out. Just a suggestion. Beyond that I cannot vote because I have not needed to contact CS in 1000hrs of printing, thankfully.

EDIT: it may also help if you included an option to say where the voter lives, (North America, Asia, Europe, etc.) since that may point to weaknesses being concentrated geographically.

1 Like

I agree. Perhaps after this poll that can be done, and would be a better approach.

I am mostly interested in those who actually needed customer service. The intention is not to discern how reliable the printer is, but to discern how good the organization is.

1 Like

My experience as a new customer is not the greatest.
I ordered my X1C in December. I was suppost to arrive past Friday unfortunately somehow DHL/Bpost managed to lose a 50cm x 50cm x 60cm, 23 kilo weighting parcel. I have created a ticket about this on Sunday but I did not get any response.

Mine was delivered by DHL.de. In my experience, bpost drivers simply leaves a notification in your mailbox to go collect it from their nearest collection point. Apparently bpost drivers don’t like carrying such loads from their van to the address, unless they can park right in front of your door, and even then they not always do it.

the support is great its just slow as molasses going uphill in a blizzard

I’ve thankfully not had any issues with my new X1C, but what I will say is that I would like to see a bit more active community interaction here on the forums. Even if its just basic replies to acknowlede when a topic or issue has reached the ears of someone who can affect change.

Not really any different than how big YouTubers don’t read or respond to comments.

3 Likes

If Bambu would provide technical support in a reasonable amount of time (which is most definitely not 10 days to initially respond to a ticket) then perhaps users wouldn’t be so [justifiably] upset.

1 Like

So because Bambu’s support system is over loaded it justifies people to post mean and nasty comments?

I get it, you haven’t got the level of support feel you should have. Rightly so. You’ve made that very clear with your posts. The problem is you’re posting to a community of people who can’t do anything about it.

1 Like

Precisely correct.

This is both a warning to others and a way of correcting bad behavior by the company. If the company (or a child) can misbehave without consequences then there is no incentive to be responsible.

As a consumer, there is some social obligation to both inform others and use available means to apply pressure to a company that is offering a level of service that is out of line.

On the flip side, if a customer has a temper tantrum and stomps their feet because they aren’t getting their way (like a child), should they not be put in timeout to cool off and act like a reasonable and respectable human?

1 Like

I don’t think this concept applies with respect to American consumers. American consumers are perfectly entitled to voice, their opinions, both privately, and in public at any time. It’s an accepted custom and practice. However, much, you may like to disagree, they are not children.

Same principles apply in Europe

I just purchased my Bambu X1C 2 weeks ago. I like the printer very ,much, it operates great, however due to the responses or rather lack thereof , I will be selling mine ASAP. I will not engage with any company that will take your money and then just blow you off. Before I purchase another printer I will be doing my homework , researching companies and product reviews. I am a businessman, If I treated my clients in the same manner I wouldn’t have any.
$1600.00 was cheap for a 3D printer , I don’t care if I have to spend 10k for a printer as long as the company has good customer relations and offers top notch support. That to me means more than just a good product.

The Customer Service is slow to respond.

But to be honest, you will be hard pressed to find any company that is much better.

I have owned Prusa gear and they can take days to respond, or they may not at all. They have live chat that you can queue for 30 to 120 minutes to get to an agent. Then parts ship from the Czech Republic a week later.

Bambu makes a good machine. You will be hard pressed to get the same print quality from alternatives…certainly not on a Prusa…trust me on that.

Well, it looks like for a well versed businessman, when you’ve purchased the X1C most definitely you haven’t done the (mandatory) business due diligence. You’ve finally learned (first hand, or from various other third-parties) that BL’s customer support ain’t that good (read it as “catastrophically bad”, quoting other users - @ least for the time being- ). Now you say you’ve heard other peoples complaints, read negative comments on this forum or on other platforms, and you’ve decided to sell it. That’s to bad as X1C is indeed an awesome and an innovative 3D printing machine (with or without the AMS), which plenty of users enjoy very much. I’m one of them. I do like my X1C and I’m having a blast every time I print something with it. It’s also true that, to date, I haven’t been confronted with any technical issues that that i couldn’t solve by myself (after some searching and reading in here and on other 3D printing platforms) that would have otherwise required me to seek out BL’s Customer Support. Maybe I’ve just been luckier than others. Maybe I will have to seek BL assistance in the future. I can’t stress over that yet. However, before selling it, do take a moment and think it over. Ask yourself why did you choose and bought the X1C in the first place? Because it’s user friendly, it’s compact, well made, good looking :wink: and , most and foremost, it’s a “plug and play” printer. In other words, this printer targets a different type of audience, one that doesn’t want to have to tinker with it. Just unpack, plug it in and print and getting the expected results. Obviously, the printer ain’t perfect (no industrial manufactured products ever are) and BL customer relations are indeed in great need of improvement. That might come with a bit of time, or it might not, in which case, despite having an awesome machine, BL will eventually disappear. It won’t be the first nor the last business to go that way. But at this point in time their X1C is the best option the average Jane or Joe want to have and use. And from what you said, you haven’t faced any problems with it (yet). So, until that happens (if ever), why won’t you keep it for a while, enjoy it for a while, and after a while if you still want to sell it, give me a call. Depending on where you live, I might be tempted to take it off your hands and set it next to mine. Just think it over; don’t rush judgment.