Warning, lead screws need lubrication! What lube/grease?!?

I use Liqui Moly LM47. Have used it on my Prusa and Ender 3 printers and we are using it at work in mechanical engineering for sliding parts and bearings. Seems to be good.

Why not. But you will be the one and only were I will ship to.

I generally do not mix FDA lubricants. Well, by the first fast printer with z-hopping developed by electrical and software guys - that’s more than enough experimentation to me.

Not being able to get a man behind a $3500 Chinese 50g dosing machine is a statement in itself.

20231103_105511

20231103_105307

Yo mate, still feeling like sharing some magical printer grease mate? :partying_face:

As far as I’m concerned, yes. But international shipments from Switzerland are not cheap. Much more expensiv than from China to europa or from Germany to Switzerland… so they will come by letter and accordingly there will be very little.

On the other hand, if you have already used a different grease and i think you did, stick with that one at your own risk - just the change is at high risk as long as you chose the right one (so switches back to the original grease is risky as well).

Such greases in this class usually break each other down - which means there is a risk of an unlubricated axle until the new grease takes over.

It seems everyone has chimed in here about what lubricant to use and many are viable option but the one we need to hear from Bambu is silent :slightly_frowning_face:, all I hear is crickets and they sell nothing to lubricate with in their store. Has anyone received direction from Bambu on what lube can be used since they provide nothing except that little 3g tube that isn’t going to last long if you are printing like I am?

https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/general/lead-screws-lubrication

Nothing to say:

Thanks!!!

Looks like they updated the page. :+1:t2:

—————
It is recommended to check and lubricate the lead screws every three months. You can use the BX-300/F series grease in the link, but other lubrication alternatives can be used.

A popular lubricant is Super Lube 92003 Silicone Lubricating Grease with PTFE which should work similarly.
—————-

Hi Silverbullit! Did you figure out your lubrication problem? I just got the message and am heading to biltema to get a rub of their cheap universal automotive grease… well it’s either that or KY jelly.

How about this for the Linear metal rods ….

amazon Super-Lube-51004-Synthetic-Viscosity

Hehe thats proving the old argument with the wife “Why do you need a 3D printer? - to make parts for my 3D printer” hehe :slight_smile:

However nice input Stu… looks like ppl are really loving that thingy.

Well, my X1C has now paid for itself several times over. The lubricant turns black quickly - but don’t take lubrication maintenance so seriously anymore.

The downloadable 3D printing tools are also poor and cannot compete with a properly used disposable cloth.

The grooves on the Z-axis are too deep and the rear one is too hidden, so I’m starting to get lazy since the printer has already paid for itself several times over. So in the worst case scenario, moto will probably: Ordering a new X1C in case it is done… My printer has accomplished the mission, every print more is a gift…