Warped bed :( seems like a common QC issue

I just wanted to share that my bed is also slightly warped and i get slight banana prints on larger objects that also reach the corners of the bed.
So, yes, for precision components, the printer, in its current state is indeed useless.

The bottom of the bed shows yellow cables.

I may also try the GoodPlate hotfix.

2 Likes

The frustration would be much less if BBL offered at least some hotfix in the form of custom-cut glass pane with some magnetic layers, provided from BBL. It canā€™t be so difficult to make this happen.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s to hoping they create this accessory either way. Iā€™d prefer to have the option to print on glass.

2 Likes

Figured Iā€™d share my experience here, in case it helps others.

I had a similar ā€˜warpingā€™ issue with one long functional part that had to be printed diagonally to fit the bed.
The warping, while slight, was enough to make fitting the part a bit janky.
I checked the bed, and it was dead level. I was thankful didnā€™t have to go through any support, returns/exchange process, and just assumed it was the plastic itself warping. Tried support tabs, and a brimā€¦ no help. Decided it must be because of the ambient temp, and spent $180 on an enclosure (and then wishing i had purchased the X1 instead of the p1p).
Still had the slight warp. :frowning:

It didnā€™t occur to me until today to check the bed flatness when hot, instead of cold. And sure enough, there it was. Suddenly had a 0.2mm valley in the middle.
Now comes the interesting partā€¦
When measuring from back-right corner to front-left, thereā€™s the dip, but when i check from back-left to front right, itā€™s dead straight. Rechecked multiple times to make sure it wasnā€™t any ā€˜user errorā€™, but yup, the other diagonal is just fine.
So my ā€˜fixā€™ is pretty simple, i just have to reorient my part the other direction for a flat print.

It still seems a little strange to me, but i guess the heat is causing some sort of curling up in those 2 corners, which generates the dip.

Now i realize thereā€™s plenty of people here with a truly warped bed. Iā€™m not trying to imply that just flipping your prints around will fix it. Just that some might get lucky like me and might be able to work around it.

2 Likes

I have an open ticket, waiting on a flat bed to be deployed. When I asked about it yesterday I was now told my bed was ā€œclose toā€ within spec. Not actually within spec. Was a weird change in wording from the previous within spec. messaging.

1 Like

Tell them that you either want your money back, or if they refuse, you will file for chargeback. Of course do the above after you print something like this Printablesand show them the terrible layering issues.

1 Like

Oh, I showed them, theyā€™re well aware itā€™s not flat. Just waiting on stock of flat beds.

1 Like

Oh man, what has trampled over your senses?

So, BL offered you a full refund, including all the consumabled and accessories you bought, even if legally they would not be bound to do so? And you refused that and instead decided theft would be the correct path to go forward?

You are aware that AMEX will still require you to return all the goods? If I were BL, I would not delete this post and rather keep it for my laywers.

All the printers BL sells are consumer grade products, nothing they sell is anywhere close to industrial standards and it also not marketed as that. The laws clearly state they have a right to try to repair a faulty product, and if that does not work, you have the right to demand a refund (and only for the faulty product itself, not all the other products you bought). So BL did not only stick to the law, but were graciously offering you a refund for all the items you bought. And you complain about that? And by law, a refund also includes returning the refunded goods to their seller.

4 Likes

Weird, I thought you had said the printer was junk to begin with? Bent frame, not square. Warped print bed. Prints detaching from the edges and layer shifts.

Now it makes sense why you didnā€™t just return it for a refund and buy another one (like myself and others suggested you do). You wanted to commit fraud and get a free printer.

This is funny to me, given youā€™ve gone on and on about how youā€™re a YouTuber. Now you have a free Bambu Lab printer too. Iā€™m looking forward to your review video (and Iā€™m sure your 38k subscribers are too).

2 Likes

No, they DID NOT offer me a refund for everything. They said theyā€™d only refund me if I returned everything to them, INCLUDING THE CONSUMABLES. Facepalm.

Good luck with sueing me, or anyone here in this thread, please try and waste your money for a lawyer that will pretty much tell you that chances of success are close to zero.

And I do not work for BL, or did they give me a free printer or anything. I have an open ticket for a slightly warped bed myself, but my printer is at least usable.
If you just wanted a new printer, why did you not take the refund and bought a new one.

But you are correct, it is now within your CC company, and they will make sure you will have to return all the goods or they will simply charge you the money. That is how it works.

But I can understand your frustration, but you maybe should get a nights rest before you keep writing here. Tomorrow the sun is up and the world already a bit better. If you do not like BL, noone is forcing you to, just return the printer, get your money back for it and be done with the company, but do not insult people here.

2 Likes

I wrote the comment for ā€œMattā€. But since the shoe fits, no, they wonā€™t have the printer back. Itā€™s my property. I paid them. The CC is equally liable in the UK, so the CC company will deal with it. Until BL satisfies the sale by fulfilling the contract (delivering the goods as described) then they have no grounds to fight. This is my property and will remain so, whether you like it or not.

1 Like

I wish you good luck in court then. Or rather with your CC company when BL simply informs then that you did not return the goods.

And about the consumable warranty on their homepage. That is well within the laws of UK and all of the EU. Consumables do not have any warranty for consumation or deteriorating within their expected lifetime. They only possess a warranty due to manufacturing problems. And exactly that is stated in the BL warranty information. Or do you sue your car producer that the gas they provided for your car does not last and needs to be replaced regularly? They will replace consumables when they fail prematurely, not when they fail at their expected lifetime.

And the printer is your possession, but not your property. That is also part of the laws in the UK and all of EU. It turns your property only if you keep your part of the deal, paying. So much about law.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not asking to be evaluated. My face is public, find it yourself if youā€™re so interested.

1 Like

And exactly that makes you a business. Not all business get VAT reductions or need to be registered, but they are still businesses. When you use the printer to make money from it, you are a business, not a consumer. Section 75 regulates only credit relationships between consumers and a creditor, not businesses.
I hope you at least pay your taxes for the things you sell. Tax fraud can be quite costly.

3 Likes

And you really believe it will mean you do not have to return the printer. Well, good luck with that :slight_smile:

The only thing the BL community experts told you that you will have to send back the printer according to the law if you dispute the payment. Nothing more, nothing less.

Noone doubted your printer was broken and noone doubted you should either get your printer repaired or a refund for the printer, but a refund does ALWAYS include sending the product back to the seller.

There is no need to see any information of your ticket. It does not even matter here the slightest. You got a broken printer, either it gets repaired or returned for a refund. That is the laws.
AMEX is following that law by making sure to refund the money to you, but that does not relief you of your obligation to return the printer and everything else you got refunded.
You will have a few weeks both the money and the printer, but I would bet you will hear back from AMEX if you do not return the printer.

2 Likes

Could we plz move on? Been following the thread to see if anyone receives flat beds, but these posts arenā€™t really helping.

6 Likes

Receiving goodplate tomorrow. Thanks @Umuzoo! Letā€™s see how it fixes my bed warping issues. I will report back as soon as I test it.

2 Likes

Nice. Do you still have to shim it a little because of the warped bed?

Is there a way to modify the slicerā€™s settings to account for the slightly smaller print area, or do you just have to be mindful about the edges when slicing?