Where do i view time-lapse?

Hmm okay, thanks
I was using octoprint on my ender 3 before this upgrade, machine is a million times better so far, but doesn’t seem like data transfer should be that slow - even watching the live video is 1 frame every 5 seconds or something

Is there any way to hook up a pi or similar to do this faster?

The live video is so slow, because the camera in the P series is a 720p camera at 0.5 FPS.
So it does one frame every two seconds.

The X-Series has a better camera at 30fps and a compute/control unit that can actually handle that and more (the touchscreen).

For the P-series, the camera is good enough to take a look from time to time if leaving the machine unattended. But other than that, don’t expect a cinema-like experience.

@VaderAG ,

the P series now has received a firmware update (01.05.00.0) to support the media browser in Bambu Studio. You might wanna check it out!

Haven’t seen the update yet. Says 01.04.02.00 is the latest version.

After reboot of the printer, the new update is there.

Awesome! Got the update this morning although couldn’t find any details on it

I don’t see my videos (maybe because I’m currently printing and it can’t do both) but I do see the ability to browse and print from the SD card which was another ask of mine so that is awesome!!

Edit: Print just finished, don’t seem to be able to see timelapse

1 Like

You can download them to your computer and then see them. At least, that is how it looks to me.

Ah so not in the app, only on pc?

In Bambu Studio (and I also guess Orca Slicer), yes.

With the P1S firmware update, you can download them from Bambu Studio to your PC and then watch them

With the update from yesterday it is now possible to view the time lapses on the card. However, time lapses aren’t automatically recorded. You have to select the right options to start the recordings. I haven’t done one with the new firmware and have seen one conversation saying its not working, but its simple. Select the type of time lapse you want to make in the slicer (IIRC, in the “Other” tab), and when the print is being sent to the printer, be sure to select the time lapse option checkbox.

In the past, you would have to pull it directly off the SD card when its done, but now you can download them from the printer through the slicer as referenced above in previous comments.

1 Like

Yea, unfortunately doing that seems hit or miss as to whether you can pick it up in Studio, out of 4 timelapses since the update only 1 has been viewable for me.

1 Like

thanks for the heads up.

Just as an update to this it seems the printer won’t show the timelapses until the printer is reset/power cycled.

Which makes the function pretty useless as you still have to get up and go to the printer!

For me the power cycle was part of the update. After the update and run the calibration I had access to the timelapse videos via Bambu Studio / Orca Slicer.

That’s not what I mean, if you print something, you can’t get the timelapse for that print, until the printer gets power cycled. It won’t appear in BS even after the print has finished until the printer is power cycled.

Oh… sorry. I miss-understood. And I haven‘t tried it yet.

Have there been some updates since the last replies - i’m able via Bambu Studio on my Windows machine to download the saved Time Lapses (stored and inside my P1S Machine’s SD Card) straight via Bambu Studio

Bambu Studio 1.8.4.51
P1S Firmware Version: 1.5.2.0

Yes, firmware 1.5 added the Timelapse feature to P1P and P1S. The latest iteration of 1.5 also added a feature to quiet the X/Y motors a bit. If you haven’t done a manual calibration you should run one for good measure.

Can someone tell me what folder on my PC the videos are downloaded to? I clicked “Download” but am having trouble finding the videos.

Thanks.
Mike

Nevermind. I found it under preferences.

2 Likes