Where does your printer stand?

Hey all,

Since i just got the bambu and noticed the strong power that it has, i need a new place where i can
have it standing. Right now its on the floor with anti vibration plates. My sideboard where my old prusa mini was , the bambu is shaking to much.

Im thinking about a simple IKEA LACK Table and leg support like this.

Cheers

4 Likes

Hi Roman,
my printer is standing on a pretty sturdy and heavy workbench for now. I can still see and feel that it easily shakes the entire workbench when printing fast.
Since the Ikea Lack table is very lightweight, I would maybe look into a different solution. I would either go for some heavy and rigid table or if possible a shelf mounted to a wall. Which is maybe difficult (or becomes really big) because of the rear spool holder and poop box. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It definitely has to be on a stable surface, otherwise everything wobbles at the speeds.

1 Like

my printer does not stand but it is sitting next to my other printers on the table doing some nice work :smiley:
so far it works nice and stable , but in the future i probably move it to a better place as the table is getting a bit small with all the printers on there

love to show a picture of it but it is not his final place yet so i going leave the picture for a later time when it got it fixed place

3 Likes

This is my current setup. Unfortunately I found out that it doesn’t work that way anymore. parallel printing on both printers is no longer possible because the bamboo has a lot of influence on my other printer. He always printed beautifully. but now there is clear ringing and you can see it when both are doing a job at the same time. The Delta has always been very vulnerable to external movements. I think that’s because of the system. Even running children had an impact on the pressure. but I don’t have many options or space. Unfortunately, I always had to ban all my other printers to the basement. it hurt me every time. I’ve put a lot of time and money into upgrades in each one. I have to come up with something now.

maybe not the best place , but you could always put a printer on the ground , so it does not get influenced by the other printers

2 Likes

I really have to think. I have to say I only print for fun. I sometimes print things that are really useful, sometimes things for my wife to make her happy (happy wife happy…). but most of the time I actually print meaningless quatch. I like to see how it is made. sometimes own but mostly things that others have done. just because i like to see this stupid wire coming into being. I love this delta. it’s like ballet. how the arms move to form one. Sorry, got off topic a bit. The X1 does 3 jobs while the other does 1. if I say it really hard. actually I would have to replace the delta with another x1. but I think they would influence each other. so I leave it like that. once one has to work then the other. Doesn’t matter. Doesn’t really belong here either.

i got my prusa sitting next to my X1C and it runs just fine when they are both printing
maybe because the prusa is just a slow printer that the bambu has no effect on it
ofcourse a delta is a other story , it works different and probably a lot more sensitive to vibrations

if you use 2 bambu’s next to each other they will both work just fine , the first vibration calibration is to prevent that it get interference from each other ( technically ) , but i only have one so i can not say anyhting about it yet

soon i can say more about it when i got the other printers , and to stay on topic , they will still stay on a table next to my desk :smiley:

2 Likes

I have had mine on an Ikea Alex drawer unit (with wheels). I put a shop mat and 16" concrete paver on the top, and the printer and AMS on that. Works great, doesn’t shake or wobble.

3 Likes

guys this is clearly a democrat or republican question, and the answer is that it stands alone on a night stand that I added wall outlets too.

2 Likes

While I was waiting for the X1C to arrive, I CAD’d up a small table for my new 3D printer using Fusion 360:

I had a local shop water jet the metal and we welded it up this past weekend.

Fusion said that it was about 250 lbs.

7 Likes

I see a number of people have the printer resting on a paver stone. Is this something that really helps the X1 or is this just the thing to do with 3D printers?

I have mine on a pretty sturdy “entertainment center” along side my boring ol’ 2D printer. Should I be considering a paver? With the prints I’ve done so far I haven’t noticed any issues… but I’m also a 3D newbie. This is my first printer. So maybe I just don’t know what to be looking for??

3 Likes

I’m wondering that too! Also, will be my first one.

1 Like

I have been using Lack tables for years with all my 3D printers. I recently came across this bracket though and used them for my Bambu setup. They made a difference, not huge but I can tell the overall stability is increased.

I have plywood shelving in the garage that’s anchored into the frame of the house with lag screws. Each shelf is screwed into supporting 2x4’s. With that setup, the X1C prints did show some ringing. Because perhaps the plywood might act a bit like the head of a drum with the X1C on it, today I picked up two 80 pound pavers (23"x23") from Lowes to further dampen vibration with sheer mass. I’m running a new calibration now. I’ve seen some people , like CNC Kitchen, put additional things underneath their paver. I suppose a layer of Sorbothane sandwiched between the pavers might be something to try if I still notice ringing after this upgrade.

2 Likes

have you actually done this though? It’s hilarious when the printer is running at full speed.

2 Likes

Oh dear, this looks like a really bad idea.
I think there should only be a thin layer of soft material between the paver and the table, and it should not be that soft.
This huge piece of foam will definitely reduce the vibrations in the table, but that is not what we are looking for, is it?
I think Bambu Labs have put some thought into the X1C’s existing feet, or at least adjusted the acceleration with those feet. Whatever the printer is standing on should move as little as possible, if you ask me.

LMAO I’m sorry, but there are many things Bambu Labs did not put enough thought into with these printers, you think they considered the feet for more than 2 minutes?

I’m doing an experiment and so far the printer and the print quality is perfectly fine. Only reason it wobbles so much is because all the moving mass is at the top, the foam is actually very stiff. It’s comical though.

1 Like

As I said, I suspect that they have at least optimised the movements according to the existing feet.
Perhaps this can be compared to mounting a hard drive (the old rotating thing). When you added an elastic component to the mount, you ended up with worse access times.
So I still think a rigid base has some advantages, but your mileage may vary.

2 Likes