Where does your printer stand?

I think you have forgotten to glue the whole stand directly to the ground :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And drive 6 foot rods into the floor to anchor them too!

This looks great! Yes, a bit overkill but itā€™s some nice thinking about the problem. I suspect thatā€™s solid enough to rattle earths motion slightly :grin:

Welcome to the madhouse here!

1 Like

It seems that, at least so far, no one has reported a case where they were getting X1 artifacts that were corrected by a sturdier/damped support stand.

I suppose itā€™s telling that, even though I have my X1C sitting on a paver, when it prints a gyroid infill, the whole X1C shakesā€“yet it doesnā€™t seem to matter. To damp that kind of shaking, Iā€™d probably need to anchor the frame of the X1C. Iā€™m willing to defer that until I deem it necessary, if ever.

Where did you get your table from. This will work perfect because I am bedridden.

I got mine from a supplier but you can order from pretty much anywhere that sells ergotron.

This is mine

Is it possible for you to share sizes of the cabinet?
Thanks,

I know this is an old thread but I think the fact that these are now for sale from Bambu settles that I was right :wink: LOL

Beautiful craftsmanship. How exactly did you laminate the plywood together?

I have some but didnā€™t install them. I heard that they just make the whole printer rock when printing. Anyone know different?

Cork (slabs) is also a fantastic material to incorporate into the base of most machinery

I purchased the anti-vibration feet from Bambu. After using them for about six months, Iā€™ve decided they are not worth the trouble or expense. These anti-vibration feet are off-the-shelf items that Bambu resells - not something designed by or for Bambu or for this application. They are generic.

They are also too soft for the load and will permanently compress and/or deform over time. If the printer had mounts for eight of them, that would probably work better. But with four, they just get squished down over time and probably lose most effectiveness.

Iā€™ve read through all of these posts and Iā€™ve given the subject lots of thought. IMHO, the printer should be free to move in reaction to the forces it generates. That means it should sit or something flexible like rubber feet so it can move limited distances. That means the printer will impart some vibration to whatever surface it sits upon and that means that two printers sharing the same surface will have some interaction. You can dampen the vibration of the surface to help isolate multiple printers, reduce noise or whatever by increasing the mass of that surface.

If itā€™s a single printer on a table, increasing the mass of the table itself will reduce vibrations and noise that are transferred to the floor, walls etc. But increasing the mass of the table does not help much if the goal is to reduce interaction between multiple printers. In that case, the extra mass is more effective when placed between the printer and the table for each printer.

Using an electronics analogy, the extra mass acts as a ā€œvibration capacitorā€. If a circuit has two noisy loads, you can reduce that noise by placing one capacitor at the common power supply. But itā€™s far more effective to place a capacitor near each of the noise sources.

While this might be an interesting engineering exercise, itā€™s probably not overly practical. Thatā€™s due to Bambuā€™s Active Vibration Compensation being so effective.

Long story short, there are a couple of cheap and easy solutions to reduce noise. And, there are a couple of cheap and easy solutions to reduce noise AND better isolate multiple printers on the same surface. But expensive, difficult or elaborate solutions are probably a waste.

Just my two centsā€¦

I made this after many test and work like a charm!
https://www.printables.com/model/861548-bambu-lab-anti-vibration-feet-for-x1-c

One issue I have read about anti-vibration feet is that they cause the vibrations to stay within the printer and the extra shaking in the printer can potentially have effects on the print. Something heavy for the printer to sit on like a concrete paver is a better option.

Maybe weā€™re saying the same thing - or maybe not :wink: I think the anti-vibration feet are intended to allow the printer to move more freely while attenuating vibration transferred to whatever surface the printer sits upon.

To my way of thinking, having the printer sit on an object with greater mass - like a concrete paver - results in the printer having more vibration while the surface the printer and paver sits on receives less.

If you think it through,a n X1C sitting on a 100-ton piece of concrete means the surface (the concrete) will move very, very little. The energy has to go somewhere, so I think it will be the printer doing the Watusi.

Nice work and thanks for the tip!

Iā€™m certain that there are more appropriate solutions rather than Bambuā€™s anti-vibration feet. In my opinion, the anti-vibration feet might be effective for a few weeks until they permanently compress down. After that, I donā€™t think they are any more effective than the stock feet the printer ships with. At that point, I think itā€™s likely the anti-vibration feet are less effective than the stock feet.

The concrete paver absorbs and dissipates the vibrations, while the anti-vibration feet let the printer wobble and vibrate freely, so the vibrations stay with the printer. Anti-vibration feet are good for the table but not the printer, the paver is good for both.

I used 2 of these, used part of one to add a shelf and some height. Very solid and enough room for the printer, Sunlu s4, and filament among other things.