Which Is The Best Y Splitter For The X1C?

I see many Y Splitter parts for the X1C and I can’t decide which one to print, when I print parts for my printers I nearly always come across a better part.
I will jump the gun this time and ask the community which seems the best.

Which one do you consider the best and why?

1 Like

I tried a few printed ones and none were perfect (in terms of smooth paths inside the Y). So I bought the A1 hub for like €6 and printed a holder for it. Bambu recognized that solution and now sell this equivalent, still for €6! That is hands down the best option. I’ll obviously keep mine as it’s technically the exact same thing.

5 Likes

I have used the Y_Splitter_PC4-M10_V1.stl and have not had any problems. I like how it is mounted on the machine. They do have some other ones now and remixes you can check out.

Y-Splitter Bambu Lab

2 Likes

Why not the Bambu 4-in-1 PTFE Adapter. It performs very good. Better then all the printed splitters.

1 Like

I agree that it’s better. The only issue I have is that it is never in-stock. And when it is, it sells out in less than 1 minute :frowning:

You would think that Bambu would realize that there is a lot of demand and manufacture a lot more of these so they have more inventory…

1 Like

In that case I’m one of the lucky ones. Very happy with the adapter.

Do you have the 4-1 mounted in the same spot as the y adapters? I haven’t seen one photo which shows this. Could you post a picture? Thank you

And I agree, it feels impossible to purchase one as I receive a notification and I head to the website and it’s gone!

The mounting tab really looks purpose made for something, it fits there well but still seems to be missing something.

Edit to remove dead link, update soon.

I’ve been using this one in the 4x4 variant for a few weeks shy of a year without issues. It’s supposed to be attached to the printer with magnets but since I have a side mounted external spool holder, it’s just floating in space.

I can’t understand why they don’t just let us order anyway, and ship when available. For parts, P1 upgrades and the like - but also filament.

I think it just loosely mimics the holder someone made for the A1 mini hub but with the hub already in there.

1 Like

Now I can see it, yeah it sort of works but honestly with that bulky mount they should’ve supplied the longer screws to fit it and actually shown an example fitment. It’s like page 2 of the design went missing and they just sent what they got.

I second this. All the ones you can print suck. Just spend a few bucks get one of these it’s so much better.

1 Like

I agree with others! The Bambu 4-in-1 PTFE Adapter is probably the best one available. For the cost, it’s even better than printing your own and adding the tube fittings, not to mention that this is smoother in operation than most any one you can print.

However, I also suggest that you print and use this mount which reduces the chance of AMS feed and retraction errors caused by extra friction in the PTFE tubes flexing when not using this mount. Unfortunately, the mounting tab that Bambu designed into the part keeps the 4-in-1 PTFE Adapter at an angle on the X1C. Perhaps someone can confirm if it’s the same issue for the P1S?

This mount solves the issue.

1 Like

I have been using this PTFE adapter for some time and have no retraction issues. In my view, this solution makes no sense at all because the problems described do not exist.

1 Like