Which PETG can you recommend?

Hi Community, which PETG can you recommend on the x1 carbon? I tried already XPETG from extrudre which is quite ok as long as you print it very slowly. But that’s not what the X1 is designed for.

So any recommendations?

3 Likes

Esun petg is very good and fits in the AMS.

I don’t like Xpetg from Extudre, also.

4 Likes

I had mediocre results with Prusament PETG using the “Generic PETG” profile in Bambu Studio. It got better after slowing down quite a bit but the results were no way as good compared to my Prusa MK3s. So I’m still trying to dial it in but I also would like if there is another PETG material which runs better.
@Jonathan which filament profile are you using? And which plate?

3 Likes

I use the default petg profile.

Best temp for Xpetg: 245 degree C. Enginering plate 60 degree with glue
Best Temp Devil design petg: 250 degree, Enginering plate 60 degree with glue.
Esun: Best temp: still trying, but I think 250 degree, Enginering plate 60 degree with glue.

Higher temps is more stringing.

You can use the cool plate with glue, but some people did destroyed the cool plate with petg.

3 Likes

I can recommend using the “normal” PETG from extrudr. I printed dozens of kg on various printers without problems, including the X1C, a voron, CR-10, etc.
A few weeks ago I ordered the XPETG from extrudr, because I liked the matte look. But this filament is a pain, I am having problems with it in every printer I own. It is so bad I think about throwing the sealed packages away, unfortunately.

3 Likes

That’s good to know. Unfortunately, I also have a few XPETG rolls from them. But if you say that the regular PETG on the X1 is great, then maybe I’ll try that too while there are these massive discounts.
@skyme Which settings do you use on the X1?

1 Like

I ordered Sunlu PETG (black) to get and use for when my printer arrives end of DEC. I hope it’s good.

3 Likes

I use Sunlu petg because I have had good success with it

2 Likes

The one which Bambu Lab sells, probably ?? Is that more like a general question or are you looking for your own needs ? If for your own needs I guess we need to know where you are since it won’t make sense to propose filament from producers which do not send to your area.

1 Like

@mr1952 That’s the point: there is no PETG which Bambu Lab sells. Therefore it is more a general question who has good experience with which Filament as not every Filament is printing well on the X1.

2 Likes

I didn’t have much time to print with my new X1C. For the few prints I made with the extrudr PETG on it, I used the “standard Petg” profile in BS, and it came out really nice, fast, without stringing and perfectly fitting tolerances.
Btw: Sunlu is easy to print, but has a low melting temperature: it melts on a car dashboard in the sun, extrudr doesn’t.

I have been using Sunlu - so far printed with Black, White, and Grey all with good success on the default Generic PETG profile.
I have not altered any settings. 1 model had the tiniest bit stringing (Black) but otherwise perfect.

1 Like

I also have been printing XPETG from Extrudr on generic PETG settings without any issues in the AMS. All normal speed though.

I’ve had really good results with Amazon Basics PETG. I’ve printed about 3 spools with no issues.

Really, the XPETG on normal speed mode? Hmm, which colors did you print?

It was “matte black”.

3 Likes

@nic This surprises me…

This is what came out of my printer with Extrudr XPETG with standard 0.2 settings and generic PETG profile and Standard Speed. The test print is the CR-3D Test Sample. Could you print that as well and we can compare the quality?

Link to Test File: CR-3D High Performance Filament - Sample Keycard & Tray by CR-3D_official - Thingiverse

Sure! Just did, here are my results. For me the quality is perfectly fine, but maybe i’m also not the best judge here.

1 Like

Thanks for printing it. That’s definitely better than mine but it should go better with a good filament.

2 Likes

I had great results with filaments.ca (i’m in canada) PETG.
had to lower temp to 250 and raise max flow rate in slicer profile. Prints great at 220mm/s walls and 250 infill. 10k accel.

Max volumetric flow I measured was 19. If you don’t update max volumetric flow printer won’t reach the speeds you set in slicer, also put min layer time at 3s with 100% fans speed otherwise I had not enough cooling on small parts. 30% fan speed on slower layers. If you print slower than those speeds probably only 30% fan speed will be enough. If you cool too much layer adhesion won’t be as good.

Also you can check the option “avoid crossing walls” to reduce stringing

4 Likes