Why is the fan and light never shut down after print is finished?

That’s simple. Security.
If I completely omit the power consumption itself, which is not my primary concern, there is still a fact I simply don’t want to have here an active device which can eventually heat things up to hundreds of degrees, especially when this device can be controlled remotely by 3rd party closed source cloud services.
So I want this device to be switched off until it is required (by me) to be switched on, and I don’t want to keep this on my mind all the time, that’s why automation.

1 Like

all the new smart ovens can be turned on from wifi :smiley:
cables can burn too, so u should turn off the power from ur home, before the fridge start burning :smiley:
btw i found 1 of my smart power plug i use behind a “compujter”, need the power plug for remote boot when i gets offline errors or something, that melted and turned off computer…

## OTA version 01.05.01.00 (20230426)
“7.[System] MC board fan is off until the tool head is moved. It will then turn on to cool the MC board components. When the print concludes and the printer goes to power save mode, the MC board fan will again turn off.”

Our prayers have been listened to. Good lord!
I really didn’t think they had the needed hardware to on/off that fan from software.
Can’t imagine how this wasn’t added from the beginning already.

2 Likes

I’m really thankful for this implementation. It works like a charm. Silence, when nothing is printed. And power consumption is absolutly in this state.

However, my chamber light does not turn off. Any ideas on this? Are I’m missing a setting?

I think if the chamber light is off when the print starts it will turn on and then turn off when the print finishes or at least that is how mine has been working. but if I manually turn it on from the screen then it never turns off.

1 Like

I think, the tool-head logo light keeps turned on, because there is no other indication, if the printer is still powered on or not. So it’s like a “standby” LED, similar to your other electronics like a TV.

But for security reason, I also fully power off my printer after the print jobs done…