A1 Recall ……

Got an email in the wee hours of this morning saying that within two business days I should receive my discount code for the $120. I guess that means I have passed the picture inspection phase.

6 Likes

Got the FedEx shipping notice this morning, should be printing by the weekend…

1 Like

Ok, happy dance time. Got my discount code via email last night. It is good for three months but it is a one time use code which I take to mean you have to spend it all on one order. No carryover on a balance. I think I can handle that. Got my shopping list started already.

7 Likes

does it expire?
I want to use mine to get another A1.

Yes, it does expire. It is only good for three months. I would expect that would be three months from when they issue yours.

1 Like

Just received my 3 day notice regarding my heat bed being sent out, BL have not responded to any of my 4 ticket request to return my A1 due to them changing the terms set out when i chose option 2 so what’s going to happen now that’s anyone’s guess.

Yup, i am in the same boat as you.

So far I have submitted four requests in my heat bed callback ticket, asking them for a return shipping label and to not send the heat bed as i do not agree to the new terms/arrangement’s that have been implemented since i made my original choice.
Like most of you I’m just being ignored.

1 Like

Si, parece que son muy lentos en responder o no quieren hacerlo.

Heat bed installed pictures sent printing, now just waiting for my voucher

1 Like

Europeans are now getting their vouchers without doing the safety tests. It also seems the warranty is not affected.

The wording for the emails was therefore poor. The safety check is advisory, not compulsory. If you want to ignore it, do so.

I’d like to see BL clarify this before i start my bed swap, any BL members care to comment ?

Has anyone seen a definitive directive from Bambu Lab as to what we are suppose to do with the old heat bed? I don’t remember see that addressed anywhere but I may have overlooked it. I hate to see it go in to the landfill. It would be nice if it could be recycled instead of becoming e-waste.

2 Likes

maybe 3d print legs for it and turn it into a small table?
I think that is what I am gong to do.

1 Like

In my ticket they say if I need help for the certificate I could send the printer to them after the swap and they will send it back 2-3 weeks later. There is nothing in the mail that this is optional.

Stick it to the wall as a spare build plate holder?
Hit it with a sledgehammer, then hang it on the wall as a warning to the new heatbed?:rofl:

3 Likes

Wire it to the mains and use it to cook steak?

The URL for the image that describes the 3 required pictures is still broken. I found this on reddit… hope it helps!

3 Likes

(UK here) Could someone please clarify what kind of test needs to be done by an electrician? Is it just a PAT test? As I’m not sure what I’m supposed to ask for…

No test needed, just carry out the replacement and send the 3 photos requested on that’s it.

Did mine yesterday sent the photos, got my voucher today.

1 Like