A1 Recall ……

The testing is for people that cannot do the replacement themselves but didn’t send the printer back for refund, if you can follow very basic instructions and plug in colour code plugs you will be fine.

Personally I think the whole thing got massively blown out of proportion…

I think they have only said the testing bit purely to cover their own a** if someone damages the printer or themselves doing the replacement and then you can’t go after BL.

1 Like

Voucher received, and spent.
All in all a good experience with customer service

And back to printing …
(In Canada)

1 Like

waiting for my voucher so i can buy the a1 mini :smiley:

Bed fitted and working as before. No voucher yet, but I did send the pictures late friday and Im guessing they dont work weekends.

Neues Wärmebett installiert und es funktioniert. Fehlermeldung das der Drucker nicht zu verwenden ist, kommt weiterhin.
Aber was geschieht nun mit dem alten Wärmebett? Soll es zurück geschickt werden oder in die Mülltonne?

A new email was sent out today regarding the callback.
As I read between the lines, the test according to the European standard is optional and no longer a must. Do they seem to have backtracked or am I mistaken?

voucher received today bed was replaced friday i’m in the UK

Got my voucher today (UK) and spent it. No safety test needed, just the photos.

Genial, eso es lo lógico.

Thank you for these pics it was driving me crazy, and I couldn’t find these anywhere. I sent in a support message like 2 weeks ago and no response. Your a scholar and a bean sprout as an old friend used to say.

Changed my bed on Saturday, sent pics, still no email response by last night, Monday, I resent email, still no response this evening, Tuesday, I have resent email pics again.

I am sending it to the correct place, am I?

I’m just sending as a reply to the email they sent telling me the tracking number of the bed, I guess that’s the open ticket email?

I added the pictures to the original ticket

Thanks, just done that as well now for belt & braces, see it shows the same ticket number but who knows. :slightly_smiling_face:

received an update on my ticket 5 days ago that they would send me a tracking number within 3 days for the replacement beds. Still received nothing…

Is there already an extra thread for reusage of the replaces heatbed ?

My ideas:

Filament dryer
Desiccant dryer

1 Like

I have not found any discussion beyond this one related to use or disposal of the old bed. I do like your ideas. maybe a coffee warmer?

Just checking in again, still no response on my ticket after sending my pics on Saturday & again Monday & Tuesday.

Is anyone else waiting for a response from BL after sending their pics?

I sent two days ago, also waiting…

1 Like

I’m in the US. I sent my request for a heatbed replacement on February 6th and received a reply 6 hours later accepting my request. To date, this is the only reply I’ve gotten from BBL.

Still no reply that my replacement is on its way. Zilch.

They get kudos for taking responsibility for the problem and engineering a fix fairly quickly, but from a Customer Service perspective, they’ve failed miserably.

Same. February 7 for me. Nothing since. Oh well, she is still printing fine and so is my P1S.