A1 Recall ……

I purchased my A1 directly from the Bambu Lab store online.

For me it was not difficult but I did spend a few years of my life working on aircraft systems so I have some skills. Including the bed tramming at the end it took about 45 minutes in total. The instructions Bambu put up on the web and included via email are quite good. I took all the pictures with the exception of one. They talk about a shot of the back showing the serial number along with the cord and the new wall bumper. My printer does not have a serial number plate or sticker on the back. It is on the bottom if I remember correctly. So I have one more picture to take if I can figure out the angle they are asking for. That is my task for today.

UPDATE: I was expecting a serial number plate with all kind of information. I overlooked the tiny QR code sticker on the back of the printer. So with that being said I now have all my pictures that I need to send to Bambu Labs. I plan to get that done today.

Ok, first impressions on the DYI heat bed cable fix.

PROS:
Not hard to do. The instructions provided by Bambu are pretty comprehensive along with the video. The amount of time required was pretty spot on to what Bambu said it would be. The bed tramming was easy and the on line documentation is good.

Now for the CONS:
The only ones that I noticed so far. The new cable is just a wee bit longer that the old one so I had to move the printer out from the wall a little to prevent the cable from contacting the wall on fully Y axis retraction. With the longer cable arching up more the back of the parts cooling fan housing rubs the cable during the nozzle cleaning cycle. I don’t like that as it will abrade the cable covering after a while.
IMG_6412

6 Likes

I have this same issue of the image not displaying in the email. And the other instructions only mention two steps where a photo must be taken, so I have no idea what the 3rd photo required is.

1 Like

I have the same issue with the email, hoping when the kit shows up it has clear instructions for the pictures

As I posted in another thread I did send in the requested pictures but this morning I received an email from Bambu requesting a re-shoot of the back of the printer. They said the serial number was blurry. I sent them another shot this morning and we shall see how that goes. I just hope that they are not using this as an out to providing the $120 credit. Like no picture will ever but good enough. I hope not. They have been very good in all their dealings so far so I will chalk this up to my poor photography skills.

Im surprised enough that they are actually checking them. They might at the beginning but are they really going to check thousands?

I really hope they will, as someone should make sure that at least the grounding is in place.

I am glad they are checking. It is to their advantage to be sure the work was done correctly and it is a good safety check for the printer owners. I just hope they are not going to be so picky over the pictures that people will miss out on the credit over something minor like a blurry serial number. I mean they have the serial number from the emails exchanges and if the printer was on line at any point they have that information tied to a user account too. Not to go all secret squirrel here but from the on line access I am sure they have way more information than we realize.

I still haven’t heard anything about my replacement beds. When did you all created the ticket for it? I did on feb 5.

Anyone from the UK received any tracking info/updated tickets?

1 Like

Nope,

I emailed them friday about switching my option as i am not happy about the recent stuff around the testing. But have heard nothing.

Its a testament to how good BBL products are when there support is soooo slow, but i would still buy more from them.

My ticket was created on February 4th,

Does anyone else’s support ticket keep disappearing and re-appearing? In the last hour mine has vanished from the support ticket page 2 times and will come back shortly after. Its currently not showing at all. Even on the handy app its showing the same.

Mine is gone too

Maybe a server is down or maybe they are going to do a mass update

hoping for the latter lol

1 Like

I just heard today they will ship in 3 days and send me another email. I sent my ticket in on Feb 5. Update got an email today that heat bed has shipped.

I also received email today that the bed will ship in 3 days and another email with tracking info will be sent. My tickect was created on Feb 5.

Ditto, I received the 3 day notification at 8:01 this morning
Location. Canada

Feb 5 here as well. They sent the email (3 days blah blah) today. I guess it depends on the region (mine is EU), as some might have more tickets or less tickets to solve.